What will the game result be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Kennesaw State single digit win
    • Kennesaw State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/23/2021 at 12:34 AM

3 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

We got 10-12 solid minutes of basketball against kstate...with our coachable players, we'll get that ramped up to 14-16 minutes tonight!

I know I'm not alone saying that I'd love to see hoiberg have quick hooks for the guys that throw up garbage 3s tonight.  If that happened we'll blow them out by 20+...alas, it wont happen.  I fear it'll be a dog fight.

I really like KT but he just shoots some absolute s#!t.  I don't really care if he's the Japanese steph curry or the Japanese Jesus...a 30 foot fall-away, contested 3 is never the answer. 

Sorry, rant over...gbr

He needs to stop traveling… I’ll tell you that much.

Looking at the 3-pt percentage charts I just realized that the first "worst" team to shoot more threes per game than us are Charleston Southern and Arkansas-Pine Bluff at #332.  So the other 24 worse than them (other than us) are at least smart enough to not shoot as many.

But it's Christmas.  Here's hoping this is the corner turned.

• Plus1 2

Question is - will they win any more the rest of the season.  Odds are they will one or two but it will be a metamorphosis to get even 1/3rd Ws in the conference.  The gurus had us near the bottom, again, and doubt any minds have changed.  There was hope back in August but not very promising at this point.  Good roster on paper but that’s about it.  Ugh.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wasn’t able to watch. But, if they really did break out of the slump while playing a team bad on defense, that tells me it’s not a problem with them being able to shoot.  It’s a problem with the offense getting them shots.  

Amazing what a little ball movement will do for your shooting.  If they don't fall back into old habits, they might be able to avoid the first day of the B1G tournament.  I have no illusions that they are an NCAA tournament team, but 9th or 10th in the conference aren't completely out of the question.  Unfortunately, with a losing non-con record and 9th or 10th in conference they won't be eligible for the NIT because they will end with a losing record.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wasn’t able to watch. But, if they really did break out of the slump while playing a team bad on defense, that tells me it’s not a problem with them being able to shoot.  It’s a problem with the offense getting them shots.  

I think it's a combination of getting good shots and executing good technique when they shoot.  We obviously moved the ball much better and that definitely helps.  But they also have to be disciplined when they shoot, whether they're wide open or not.  It's all about feet and shoulders.  If you get your feet set and the shoulders go straight up or slightly toward the basket, it's a much easier shot and they go in more.  If you're fading away or drifting to the side, you're making it much harder on yourself and the percentage plummets.

So you have to force yourself to be disciplined in how you shoot.  If you think you're having to fade away to shoot a three pointer you're not being disciplined or you're not open enough and should do something different.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I think it's a combination of getting good shots and executing good technique when they shoot.  We obviously moved the ball much better and that definitely helps.  But they also have to be disciplined when they shoot, whether they're wide open or not.  It's all about feet and shoulders.  If you get your feet set and the shoulders go straight up or slightly toward the basket, it's a much easier shot and they go in more.  If you're fading away or drifting to the side, you're making it much harder on yourself and the percentage plummets.

So you have to force yourself to be disciplined in how you shoot.  If you think you're having to fade away to shoot a three pointer you're not being disciplined or you're not open enough and should do something different.

You're basically describing what I tried to say.  Instead of moving the ball and having good off ball movement to get guys open to be able to set their feet and make a good shot, most games I've seen, have been more like the bolded. And, I'll add taking 3s from 5 feet behind the line with a defender in front of you.  Then, doing it so early in the possession that there aren't any rebounders when you ultimately miss.

Instead, run the friggen offense, make the extra passes, hustle without the ball and create good open shots that are much easier.  And....when the ball ultimately goes up, have a couple guys in position to actually try to rebound instead of five guys instantly running to the other end before the ball even hits the rim.

• Plus1 1