Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

As to scholarship numbers, there are several guys who are on one-year this year so they aren't guaranteed next year.  The OWH has us at 88. I have us at 86 right now.  I still have Oliver Martin in my list even though he is a one-year guy.  I would think he keeps it thought it's always been odd to my why that has even been a question the last couple years.  They have Liewer, Damian Jackson and Cerni still on their list.  I think they are unlikely to stay unless we end up with extras. 

I don't know how many spots that still leaves but we seem to still be looking for a couple more transfers and maybe one more high school recruit.  So it wouldn't shock me to still add 3-4 more guys.  It seems fairly likely that we'll have at least that many leave after they see where they are this spring.

• Fire 1
On 1/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, Toe said:

I've dropped in on a Bengals board a few times since Taylor has been there, see what they think of him. Obviously, it's been a major turnaround year for them this year, and most posters who doubted him seem happy to eat some crow. But there's always those few trolls who just can't let his (awful) first couple years there go and enjoy this season. They'll say things like "he's still a .340 coach" and "it's all Burrow & the players, any coach would have a great record with this much talent on the team." (Which reminds me of the Bo era 'anyone should be able to get 9 wins at Nebraska'...)

I'm sure we'll see some of that around here if Frost gets things turned around...

Update: Zac Taylor just led the Bengals to their first playoff win since George Bush Sr was president. And there's still this guy:

Meh. Zac Taylor is a below average coach. Took the ball out of his best player's hands, played not to lose (like the Green Bay and SF game), ran the stupid ball on first and second down in the red zone all night long. Offense was playing 3rd and long the entire 2nd half with a mediocre OL.

Disappointed in him. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:32 AM, Mavric said:

As to scholarship numbers, there are several guys who are on one-year this year so they aren't guaranteed next year.  The OWH has us at 88. I have us at 86 right now.  I still have Oliver Martin in my list even though he is a one-year guy.  I would think he keeps it thought it's always been odd to my why that has even been a question the last couple years.  They have Liewer, Damian Jackson and Cerni still on their list.  I think they are unlikely to stay unless we end up with extras. 

I don't know how many spots that still leaves but we seem to still be looking for a couple more transfers and maybe one more high school recruit.  So it wouldn't shock me to still add 3-4 more guys.  It seems fairly likely that we'll have at least that many leave after they see where they are this spring.

Thanks for the update and keeping track of that Mav! I think Oliver Martin will be a great receiver for us. He played really well before his injury during the season. You could tell he was not the same. I also believe a receiver from the 2021 class will emerge. 

I think we are going after the following:

QB- Chubba 

NT-  Miami NT Silvera would be a welcome addition.

OL- Are we going after one more? If Jurgens does come back I believe we will be done here. If not, one more will help us. 

OLB- Are we still looking for a guy to be able to rush the passer? Tannor, Payne, and Nelson are all coming back but can they help get to the qb with one more year of development? 

We will also go after one more high school player.

My list has five guys coming here. There is also a possibility we get one or two guys in the summer. Especially if a few guys hit the portal after they are down on the depth chart. 

• Plus1 1