Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

So funny to me, dorks on the internet who probably get winded picking up something they dropped accusing a guy who looks like that of being out of shape. 

depends on what type of shape you are talking about.  I'm a muscular dork on the internet who gets winded picking up something I dropped because I do zero cardio.  but I'm "in shape".

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Decked said:

He definitely needs to lean out more. He’s got about 10-15 lbs to go. 

Yet he was the only runningback anywhere close to 7 yards a carry.  I think ability is more important than what the scale says. 

And when you're a 250 lb man 10-15 lbs is negligible.   That dude could take a healthy dump and lose 10 lbs.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yet he was the only runningback anywhere close to 7 yards a carry.  I think ability is more important than what the scale says. 

And when you're a 250 lb man 10-15 lbs is negligible.   That dude could take a healthy dump and lose 10 lbs.

He would be even better if he got into good enough shape to be an every down back. He has major ability. Not near his potential. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Decked said:

He would be even better if he got into good enough shape to be an every down back. He has major ability. Not near his potential. 

I dunno, he's pretty cut.  At some point it would become a detriment more than anything.   I think he's about right where he needs to be.  Especially if he's in good enough shape for 7 yards a carry.  Let the other backs worry about getting into that kind of shape, and until then give Yant the ball more without all the lame excuses.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I dunno, he's pretty cut.  At some point it would become a detriment more than anything.   I think he's about right where he needs to be.  Especially if he's in good enough shape for 7 yards a carry.  Let the other backs worry about getting into that kind of shape, and until then give Yant the ball more without all the lame excuses.

Don’t confuse the amount of lean mass he has for being cut. And he does have a s#!t ton. Dude is a brick house. But he is not cut. He is probably sitting at 16-19% body fat. He could stand to lose more & it would be beneficial for him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Decked said:

Don’t confuse the amount of lean mass he has for being cut. And he does have a s#!t ton. Dude is a brick house. But he is not cut. He is probably sitting at 16-19% body fat. He could stand to lose more & it would be beneficial for him. 

I'd guess your guess is probably wrong.  I doubt it's higher than 15%. Again, not that it's more important than actual ability.   It's football, not bodybuilding.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Undone said:

Nice. There's a movement at the :44 mark that is very old school and more of something that Olympic weightlifters train as an accessory movement called a high pull.

Really cool to see our guys doing stuff like that.

don't you do those to help with your cleans?  at least that's what we did them for.  load up and pull to where you would normally flip your wrist and squat under but don't.

9 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

don't you do those to help with your cleans?  at least that's what we did them for.  load up and pull to where you would normally flip your wrist and squat under but don't.

Yep. Definitely good accessory work for that, training the traps - and if done with a wider snatch grip also the rear delts - for the top part of the clean/power clean.

Also just helps give you a big set of upper traps and for developing that 1997 Joel Makovicka look.   :D