Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I know it's just a video with moments of great play, but seeing receivers hit in stride is great.  Having a passing game that hits are guys in stride will be huge.  Better OL play will be the determining factor in this IMHO.  Also read that Whip like more short/quick vertical routes to augment the running game as opposed to the screen passing game in the flats/lateral.  The above speaking to Whip/Mickey being in the top 4 QB/WR coach should result in a huge uptick in the success of the O in the passing game....

10 hours ago, lo country said:

I know it's just a video with moments of great play, but seeing receivers hit in stride is great.  Having a passing game that hits are guys in stride will be huge.  Better OL play will be the determining factor in this IMHO.  Also read that Whip like more short/quick vertical routes to augment the running game as opposed to the screen passing game in the flats/lateral.  The above speaking to Whip/Mickey being in the top 4 QB/WR coach should result in a huge uptick in the success of the O in the passing game....

Yeah….because 2AM never hit a receiver in stride. 

:facepalm:

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well…I hope he has time to do that. 

They said similar things about AM too.  It will come down to an entire offense playing better. Scheme. Execution. QB. O line. RBs. WR. Play calling. Avoiding mistakes, penalties, turnovers, consistent effort.  The whole package.  Field position.  Smart plays. Steady, methodical drives. First downs. 

A great QB will help but he needs help.  

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah….because 2AM never hit a receiver in stride. 

:facepalm:

Damn, not every "positive" comment about a video is "negatively" directed at AM (or insert player here).  It was simply a comment aimed at the current video posted.  Giving props to our current QB's and staff.  Nothing more and nothing less.........Talking about the team and potential we have, not what we had.  If my comments were negatively aimed at AM, I would have mentioned him.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Damn, not every "positive" comment about a video is "negatively" directed at AM (or insert player here).  It was simply a comment aimed at the current video posted.  Giving props to our current QB's and staff.  Nothing more and nothing less.........Talking about the team and potential we have, not what we had.  If my comments were negatively aimed at AM, I would have mentioned him.  

Sorry if I mistook your post as something it wasn't.  It just came off to me as...."finally we have a QB that will hit receivers in stride...."

32 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

It was great to see Martin in the latest video. Kid has insane talent, but just is a very introvert person. I think most of the fanbase has forgot or written him off. I think he can be a real threat for us this season. 

What jersey number?  Jalil Martin?

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

I think we can separate a good kid vs a good passer. People are going to see CT tear it up and realize what the main issues were. Just my honest opinion. AM was the least clutch player I can recall in my Husker fandom. 

0-15 on 4th quarter drives to take the lead or tie the game in his career. Those are facts.

That's not what was being discussed.

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sorry if I mistook your post as something it wasn't.  It just came off to me as...."finally we have a QB that will hit receivers in stride...."

I appreciate it!  I can see how folks would  thing it was a back handed dig at AM.    I like AM as a person and honestly as a QB.  His tenure here for 4 years had a lot of issues that were not his alone.  There is more than enough blame to go around on both sides of the ball as to why we have yet to be successful.  I am honestly looking forward to following him at KSU this year and see how he does.  Hoping he finally gets that "redemption" season.  

• Plus1 1