Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

53 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

what if a guy signs an NIL deal that covers all of his costs for school? 

If the NIL deal is sweet enough, then it would definitely offset some of the cost

But to really make that kind of coin that would make a difference, he's not going to be a walk on from Ainsworth

1 minute ago, walksalone said:

If the NIL deal is sweet enough, then it would definitely offset some of the cost

But to really make that kind of coin that would make a difference, he's not going to be a walk on from Ainsworth

no it would relate to Walk Ons that earned scholarships etc. I am simply saying they could "take away" a scholarship for a guy and he magically has a 40k a year NIL deal. 

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

no it would relate to Walk Ons that earned scholarships etc. I am simply saying they could "take away" a scholarship for a guy and he magically has a 40k a year NIL deal. 

Aw, gotcha, sorry about misunderstanding where you're going with that

14 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So back to my original question any way Nebraska can use grey shirts to be over before fall camp or no possible at all?

I think you can.  But they can't join the team until second semester.  So you have to have someone who's willing to give up a season of football.

37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I think you can.  But they can't join the team until second semester.  So you have to have someone who's willing to give up a season of football.

doesnt it basically put them in the following class as grey shirts are where you go part time for fall semester then clock starts in winter? 

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Great question just trying to find out how to make the 85 man roster work without much people leaving?

People need to leave to make it work.  We wouldn't bring in transfers if the current guys were getting it done, that's the point. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:
  1. Lynn
  2. Conn
  3. Grimes/Hardy/Jones
  4. Pola-Gates
  5. Stepp
  6. M. Newsome
  7. One freshman who isn't on campus yet. 

I think Lynn and Conn leave plus Stepp bc he is buried on the depth chart. While I may believe he is more talented then the running back from Minnesota he doesn't have enough time to make the impact he thought he would make when he transferred from USC. When he transfers again I believe he can't play right away and will have to sit a year unless he gets a waiver but that will be hard to get. I feel for Stepp bc when he transferred here their wasn't a clear #1 running back and it was anybody's for the taking just can't shake the injuries.