Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Sip hinting Bando at RG and Hixon at C are currently at the top of the chart.  Also Corcoran has been taking summer reps inside at guard and there is "optimism" Benhart has turned the corner.

Kinda figured Corcoran was sticking inside when he listed Jurgens, Linderbaum, and Quenton Nelson as the guys he's studying on film. If Raiola can get Hixson back on the track he was on in 2018/parts of 2019, I don't hate having him as a one year starter with Corocoran rotating at Guard and sliding in at Center next year. And man I hope so with Benhart - we have way too much talent on the OL to be as inconsistent as they've been. 

“Halfway through this spring is when it really came around,” says Haarberg, crediting new Husker offensive coordinator Mark Whipple. “Coach Whip really made it a lot simpler for me to see the defense.”

And that was basically after just a few weeks of having Whip as his coach.

Makes me think back to Tanner Lee: all the arm you could ask for, but couldn't read a defense worth s#!t. Did he just need better coaching, or was there no real chance that he would figure it out?

15 minutes ago, Toe said:

And that was basically after just a few weeks of having Whip as his coach.

Makes me think back to Tanner Lee: all the arm you could ask for, but couldn't read a defense worth s#!t. Did he just need better coaching, or was there no real chance that he would figure it out?

I think if it was just coaching he would have stuck in the NFL as a backup at least. Mike Riley QBs had a habit of doing that (Sean Mannion, Matt Moore, Derek Anderson), and Lee's arm got him drafted. He had a lot going in his favor - just so many bad decisions with the ball.

It's fun offseason stuff, but I won't put much into Haarberg's comments about how now all of a sudden it's easier to read the defense. He's never played a single snap at the college level anyway. I understand that his comments are all relative to his experience at NU so far - but that's a very short and honestly pretty irrelevant sample size.

But as it pertains to this kid, his arm is clearly excellent and this staff had better do everything they can to keep him from transferring. I've been saying for probably three seasons now that even Frost's original offense would be better with a "throw-first" style of QB - and we need as many good ones on the roster at this point as we can get.

2 hours ago, Undone said:

It's fun offseason stuff, but I won't put much into Haarberg's comments about how now all of a sudden it's easier to read the defense. He's never played a single snap at the college level anyway. I understand that his comments are all relative to his experience at NU so far - but that's a very short and honestly pretty irrelevant sample size.

But as it pertains to this kid, his arm is clearly excellent and this staff had better do everything they can to keep him from transferring. I've been saying for probably three seasons now that even Frost's original offense would be better with a "throw-first" style of QB - and we need as many good ones on the roster at this point as we can get.

Clearly it just means last year's defense made it a lot harder on him than this years. :lol: