Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

Basically, same story, chapter 5.   The RBs by committee, still can’t figure out a depth chart, no heir apparent to the starting job, roster turnover without much maturity or development.  Kind of similar to many areas of the team outside defense.   

No continuity. New coaches is good, presumably, but adds more churn to the unsettled nature of all things offense. All the RBs have potential but until the coaches can get a pecking order determined and give the backs a commensurate chance to produce, it will be another flux (state of) capacitor.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Basically, same story, chapter 5.   The RBs by committee, still can’t figure out a depth chart, no heir apparent to the starting job, roster turnover without much maturity or development.  Kind of similar to many areas of the team outside defense.   

No continuity. New coaches is good, presumably, but adds more churn to the unsettled nature of all things offense. All the RBs have potential but until the coaches can get a pecking order determined and give the backs a commensurate chance to produce, it will be another flux (state of) capacitor.

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Lest I be once again accused of being too negative, I should that new staff and new team, maybe this is the start of something big!    Patience and perseverance in the face of adversity.  GBR. 

well, if you are going to be patient and persevere with a new staff maybe you shouldnt accuse them of doing what the coaches they are replacing did before their first game.

and there is nothing wrong with stating negatives. it's the constant unwarranted negativity, like saying things wont change even with new coaches and random negativity when other things are being discussed.

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, jager said:

Maybe I'm being an optimist, but they might not be naming a leading RB in fear of someone entering the portal before they get a chance to play a game. :dunno

or they might be waiting until all the rb's are here. waiting for fall camp to end. not really sure how they can put someone as a leader of that room in the middle of summer.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, desertshox said:

or they might be waiting until all the rb's are here. waiting for fall camp to end. not really sure how they can put someone as a leader of that room in the middle of summer.

True, but i was just talking about the interview.

47 minutes ago, jager said:

Maybe I'm being an optimist, but they might not be naming a leading RB in fear of someone entering the portal before they get a chance to play a game. :dunno

Don't worry, the staff will f*** it up even if it goes ok prior to week 1.     :D

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bnyqtmtz8da1xjcegmlk

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, desertshox said:

well, if you are going to be patient and persevere with a new staff maybe you shouldnt accuse them of doing what the coaches they are replacing did before their first game.

and there is nothing wrong with stating negatives. it's the constant unwarranted negativity, like saying things wont change even with new coaches and random negativity when other things are being discussed.

It’s not random. Just facts. When something positive happens, I will cheer!   Still waiting.  Maybe the information stream could be opened up so even the insiders (they used to be) have something to base the speculation on.  I have supported the recruiting very much despite lots of negativity by many.  I’m disappointed that our 4 stars have looked like 2 stars all too much if and when they get on the field.