Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A benefit to having a really good crop of WRs is that this should improve our DBs also.

Can’t hurt.  Fish is a great coach which helps too. Got to find ways to win games this fall.  It’s critical. These new guys won’t be there in Aug. hang on and find ways to win.  One point or 21, every snap will be big.  We have better overall team talent than some of our opponents certainly.  Now coach em to wins.  That’s our goal.  It’s doable but it won’t be easy - nobody will quit or lay down.  Frost has everything he needs to get to a bowl game imo.  It’s upto him to get r done. 

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

That's understandable. We have wrs that just need Mj to bring out their greatness thats's all which he will. I believe at least one of his wr's make all conference. Who could it be Manning or Palmer? Thats a great debate of it self bc i could see both of them get all conference but if i had to pick one definitely Palmer. When MJ fully develops him watch out America. He will be fun to watch!!!!

52 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I can’t read this article ($) but the new offense has been hard on Frost??? Gee, that sounds wonderful.

I signed up for the "1-year for 1-dollar" just to read this article.

The headline should read "Turning over the reigns" has been hard on Frost.  Masker just pointed out that Whipple is 100% in charge of day to day and install, and Frost just kind of oversees (probably how it should be).

Main takeaway from Masker is that QBs aren't going to be asked to be nearly as physical as they have been.  

• Fire 2
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

The headline should read "Turning over the reigns" has been hard on Frost.  Masker just pointed out that Whipple is 100% in charge of day to day and install, and Frost just kind of oversees (probably how it should be).

Main takeaway from Masker is that QBs aren't going to be asked to be nearly as physical as they have been.  

Thanks for the info.  Also 1 year for 1$ doesn't sound too bad at all either.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Yep. I set a reminder on my phone calendar for June 1, 2023.  I'm assuming that will get me through spring practices and most of the transfer circus.

And the new coach search/hiring 

/s 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
8 minutes ago, GSG said:

And the new coach search/hiring 

/s 

Let’s just hope we finally make it over the hump and losses become wins.  This really is a pretty good staff and Frost is learning and has guidance to make the right decisions - timely.  He CAN do this job!   I still want to believe!!  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Obviously we all hope the offense improves but hopefully this allows Frost to be a better head coach.  He's had so much on his plate I can think of numerous times where there's been some major clock management fails or having to use timeouts in situations that you shouldn't have had to use them.  Frost not having to worry about calling plays should be a great benefit to this team.