Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

Probably a pretty decent guess. 

Obviously RB could still go several different ways - I tend to think that Rahmir will be in the top two.  

I think the four WRs at X and Z will be there, but I don't know that will be the exact mix.

And I think the starting OL is probably the best bet at this time, but I think the 2s will be slightly different.

Rivals projection of the defensive two-deep:

EDGE: Garrett Nelson, Blaise Gunnerson

DL: Ty Robinson, Stephon Wynn Jr.

DL: Colton Feist, Nash Hutmacher

EDGE: Caleb Tannor, Ochaun Mathis

ILB: Nick Henrich, Eteva Mauga-Clements

ILB: Luke Reimer, Garrett Snodgrass

CB: Quinton Newsome, Malcolm Hartzog

CB: Braxton Clark, Tommi Hill

S: Myles Farmer, DeShon Singleton

S: Marques Buford Jr., Omar Brown

Nickel: Isaac Gifford, Chris Kolarevic

I think DL, EDGE and ILB are pretty much set at those guys pending Drew getting up to speed.

I think CB and S will be those guys although there will be some shuffling at some point, especially at S.

Seems to me that Gifford will be the first N out there but I'm not sure Wright won't end up getting more run than Kolarevic once he gets up to speed.

Mathis over Tannor. I think you see Caleb more as a 4-3 backer this year to get him on the field. Hartzog as a backup to Newsome I don’t think is a very good pick. Clark over Hill seems off too. Nickel could go either way at this point. 

16 minutes ago, Decked said:

Mathis over Tannor. I think you see Caleb more as a 4-3 backer this year to get him on the field. Hartzog as a backup to Newsome I don’t think is a very good pick. Clark over Hill seems off too. Nickel could go either way at this point. 

Yeah, I could see the Mathis/Tannor go either way.  Maybe depending on matchups.

They even said in their write-up that Hartzog is basically just by default.  I think it will basically be three CBs getting all the snaps in some combination.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I’m very surprised Mathis isn’t listed as the starter. 

I think - especially on defense - there are going to be a lot of places where three guys are going to play two spots and get mostly equal snaps.  So two of them will have to be the "starters" but I don't think that will mean a lot functionally.

EDGE: Garrett Nelson, Caleb Tannor, Ochaun Mathis

ILB: Nick Henrich, Luke Reimer, Eteva Mauga-Clements

CB: Quinton Newsome, Braxton Clark, Tommi Hill

S: Myles Farmer, Marques Buford Jr., Omar Brown

And they didn't list Kaine Williams at S, probably because he's been injured.  But I think he'll probably work his way into the mix sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Decked said:

The way Fisher speaks of Hill sure makes you think he's gonna be one of the dudes at corner.  I think you'd be more likely to see somebody like Brown move back from safety to corner before you'd see a guy like Hartzog.  Brandon Moore hasn't played much football in the last couple years but he's still a multi-year starter from a top ten team, I guess it wouldn't surprise me at all if he could be the #3-4 corner.