Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I believe that when this team takes the field and starts playing games, we will have a much better understanding of how good they are. 

No doubt.  We all are left to speculate and debate cause we all crave FB Big Red style (whatever the form).  We will learn some Saturday but maybe not as much.  Will know a lot more after OU.  

We all crave FB.  These 9 month spans between seasons with to few wins are just torture as you know.  We need a ‘fix’ of something tangible and positive!

GBR!   

53 minutes ago, Undone said:

Feeling pretty confident that the "Frost has little input on the offense" chatter is really just rhetoric aimed to appease fans & boosters. I doubt much changes.

I've seen it said that it will be heavy on Whipple's passing schemes but still have a lot of Frost's running schemes.

That seems to make a lot of sense to me.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've seen it said that it will be heavy on Whipple's passing schemes but still have a lot of Frost's running schemes.

That seems to make a lot of sense to me.

It makes sense to me, too.

Frost found some great ways to spring tight ends open on delays last year and I didn't pinpoint any problems with schemes/routes, etc. What I'm hoping Whipple does better is figures out how to use the guys he has to exploit blitzes.

To be honest, the offense last year was creative and well executed much of the time. But when it got inside the 20 and defenses sucked it up, the Huskers tightened up and failed. Knowing you could never count on special teams may have affected the playcalling, too. 

They aren't that far off. They just need the mojo of winning to take the expectation of losing off their minds. 

Handful of updates on roster, but still doesn't match the WR picture totally so not sure what's going on. New numbers for guys who will definitely be playing:

1 - Marques Buford 

5 - Eteva Mauga-Clements

10 - Anthony Grant (someone had already reported this)

Handful of other changes but mostly just DBs swapping numbers.

8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Handful of updates on roster, but still doesn't match the WR picture totally so not sure what's going on. New numbers for guys who will definitely be playing:

1 - Marques Buford 

5 - Eteva Mauga-Clements

10 - Anthony Grant (someone had already reported this)

Handful of other changes but mostly just DBs swapping numbers.

Haarberg is also #10, so that's strange.

5 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

Has the depth chart been released?

No.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Haarberg is also #10, so that's strange.

Ah nice, should've figured the summary was out there somewhere. It is, but he's the #4 (probably 5 behind Masker) QB so he's not going to dress. Probably won't dress for away games until Grant is gone, so might as well keep his claim to the number for now.