Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

Having a good running back like Anthony Grant isn't just about getting points up on the board. It's been at least two and a half years since we've had a guy like him who can help fight for those yards in the 4th quarter when you're in the lead to keep moving the chains and drain the clock.

Won't name names but pretty much every other guy in the RB room will get 2-3 yards on runs where Grant fights for 4-5. That's exactly how Ameer was; the blocking could be bad on a play and he'd cut, jump, spin, & dive for that extra yard and a half and it makes all the difference.

It's crazy how so much of the focus coming into this season was on Thompson, Palmer, & Whipple. But I'd say Grant has made the biggest impact so far. He's an extremely talented back.

12 minutes ago, Undone said:

Having a good running back like Anthony Grant isn't just about getting points up on the board. It's been at least two and a half years since we've had a guy like him who can help fight for those yards in the 4th quarter when you're in the lead to keep moving the chains and drain the clock.

Won't name names but pretty much every other guy in the RB room will get 2-3 yards on runs where Grant fights for 4-5. That's exactly how Ameer was; the blocking could be bad on a play and he'd cut, jump, spin, & dive for that extra yard and a half and it makes all the difference.

It's crazy how so much of the focus coming into this season was on Thompson, Palmer, & Whipple. But I'd say Grant has made the biggest impact so far. He's an extremely talented back.

Besides Grant & Allen everyone else is below average. Borderline bad. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

My guy...  Leader of men.  Husker Football junkie.  Just needs to assemble his own damn staff, grab some recruits, build the team up, and play ball like he want to do. And then judge the man as a head coach.  But don't judge him on who and what he got from a dumpster.

• Fire 5

3 hours ago, admo said:

My guy...  Leader of men.  Husker Football junkie.  Just needs to assemble his own damn staff, grab some recruits, build the team up, and play ball like he want to do. And then judge the man as a head coach.  But don't judge him on who and what he got from a dumpster.

This all sounds great in theory, but you know the boo birds will be back out again like the last game once we lose this next game!  Wish more people thought like you.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Wonder what qualifies a person to receive this scholarship.  Does Omar have an impact on the local community?  How does he serve his team/ University? Is he a great teammate?  I’m genuinely curious.   Is it simply a matter of he has dealt with Mental Health issues and they want to acknowledge this?  I knew Sam in some capacity as I went to school with Sam in And at Grand Island Senior High and had several classes with him.  I didn’t even know Manning was on this team anymore!