Your 2022 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

6 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Thank you it can't be more then that I don't think. Washington is the number 2 guy and he has none I believe right? I asked the question bc other then Palmer not much production from the wide receivers which is horrible.

IGC also had one against NW, but he's obviously no longer on the team.

When we get inside the 10 we lean heavily on our RBs and TEs, so unless our WRs have great break away speed like Palmer it's not that odd that they don't have much in the TD column imo.

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, Toe said:

IGC, Oliver Martin, and Brody Belt each have one TD. Vokolek has two, and Boerkircher and Brewington each have one.

Thank you it just seems that Washington who is clearly the number 2 has none.  As I watch Nebraska play the lack of shots taken down field other then to Trey Palmer is concerning to me. Either Washington and all the other receivers suck or Whipple's offense is meant for one wide receiver to stretch the field and all the other ones are short underneath routes. I don't believe that the wide receivers suck so guess the offense does. Like no creativity so simple.

On 11/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, Red Five said:

We're on pace to have our worst scoring offense since???

Points/game since 2011 (move to the B1G)

2011 #49 29.2

2012 #28 34.8

2013 #48 31.9

2014 #14 37.8

2015 #43 32.8

2016 #79 26.5

2017 #84 25.8

2018 #58 30.0

2019 #72 28.8

2020 <Covid, no non-con games>

2021#71 27.9

2022 #85 25.6

We're now at 23.3 ppg.  Worst NU scoring offense since?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

Averaged 25.1 in 2009.  It looks like the last year we averaged less than the current 23.3 was 21.9 in 2004.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/points-per-game?date=2005-01-05

We can argue all day if the offense is the worst or just almost the worst. What a great use of energy.  The team, overall, is the worst we’ve EVER put on the field. It’s shameful and embarrassing. There are no words. 

51 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

We can argue all day if the offense is the worst or just almost the worst. What a great use of energy.  The team, overall, is the worst we’ve EVER put on the field. It’s shameful and embarrassing. There are no words. 

Eh... The defense has actually turned it around surprisingly. At the beginning of the year Corum would have gone for 200+ and those deep passes would have been TDs.

Offense is the worst in my lifetime for sure.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Did anybody predict that we were going to be 3-9 this season? If you did wow congrats bc I honestly thought that with the new pieces in place that we were overall going to be better. Boy was I wrong I never considered a new position coach that never been a position coach in college wasn't going to remotely help the o-line out. I didn't take in our play calling on defense mattered and how we were going to be 10 yards off the wrs to help the other team out to get first downs. When we brought Mark Whipple in I thought our offense was going to be great to offset the defense. Boy was I wrong, his unoriginal lack of creativity play calling has hurt the offense.  Alot of things to take pressure off your crappy o-line play yet you still call the same plays and your qb still gets slammed to the turf. Now on to the players Im sorry the coaches never put you in the best position to succeed and you never could just stand out and make plays on the field. Im just venting but to see you go 3-10 this year you should apologize to all the fans that came and supported you. We are so bad that fans want to take away the very foundations that have built this University to being what it is. Ive heard take away the blackshirts and stop the sell out streak? Thats crazy to me that we have come to that conclusion to fix the program. In my mind those help not hinder you just need the right people to get over the hump. We have pieces here to win but the new coach will probably get rid of half the roster that isn't helping or at least I would. Good luck to the kids that fought and shame on you to the players that didnt.