Tangent Thread - Run the Damn Ball!!!

13 hours ago, ndobney said:

Hmmm

At this point stay with Smothers. Here's a thought run the option I've been right for 20 years now

Well, majority of Husker fans and former players would agree on the option and run the damned ball.  But Scott Frost hates it - always has.  He has been Frosty the throw man all his life.  He will ‘live by the pass; die by the pass’ forever, or at least until 12-1-22.  

I am disappointed but not surprised by Frost and the new Whippey O.  But I expect I will dislike it less than the nameless Frosty Spread.
I am forever hopeful (hope is all we got now) that Husker Power will return in all its smash mouth glory and pride.  

GBR!   Need a QB to appear. Rub that magic football and poof!   He will appear! 

Edited by Mavric
Split out of the Portal Transfer thread
  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Wow.  This is one of the worst takes in the history of bad takes.

Just speaking the truth.  It’s not good or bad.  Just reality.   Unfortunate as it is.   Frost has apparently dumped the offensive mess on his new hires saying essentially - you guys take over - I don’t know what to.   That is the worst take I think I’ve ever heard come from a $4 million dollar a year head football coach.  I have been a disappointed supporter until today.  When I read what MJ said and reports of this Frost hand washing, it was the last straw.  For a guy whose entire life has been football, living and playing around many of the very best players and coaches, how can anyone take anything positive from that.  Why didn’t he resign?   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Just speaking the truth.  It’s not good or bad.  Just reality.   Unfortunate as it is.   Frost has apparently dumped the offensive mess on his new hires saying essentially - you guys take over - I don’t know what to.   That is the worst take I think I’ve ever heard come from a $4 million dollar a year head football coach.  I have been a disappointed supporter until today.  When I read what MJ said and reports of this Frost hand washing, it was the last straw.  For a guy whose entire life has been football, living and playing around many of the very best players and coaches, how can anyone take anything positive from that.  Why didn’t he resign?   

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
59 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If by "truth" you mean "I'm pulling stuff out of my a$$ that has no basis in reality" then I agree with you.

Didn’t pull anything.  I offer reasoned opinions and common sense ideas. I get nasty insults and name calling back - often by people who don’t read carefully and or deliberately misconstrue my posts.  As an insider, Maverick, I know you know better 

I am simply stating the substance of very recent quotes of Frost and MJ.  How else can you interpret the words?   Frost:  I don’t know what to do. You guys figure it out - you guys do what you want.  I am not going to bother exact quotes as most have already heard & read this in newspapers and Husker radio show.  Makes it even more destructive when they are saying these things right before signing and in the middle of the whole transfer cluster.  

Sorry if this bothers some people but Husker Nation is pissed royally at Frost and the mess that he’s made.  He took over a very troubled program and he knew it full well.  Now when the going is really tough because very little has changed for the better on his 4 year watch, he thinks it’s his offensive staff’s fault and audaciously hires 3 to replace what 4 couldn’t do with his direct involvement, and says - You guys do it - I can’t.   CEO?   Not!  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Didn’t pull anything.  I offer reasoned opinions and common sense ideas. I get nasty insults and name calling back - often by people who don’t read carefully and or deliberately misconstrue my posts.  As an insider, Maverick, I know you know better 

I am simply stating the substance of very recent quotes of Frost and MJ.  How else can you interpret the words?   Frost:  I don’t know what to do. You guys figure it out - you guys do what you want.  I am not going to bother exact quotes as most have already heard & read this in newspapers and Husker radio show.  Makes it even more destructive when they are saying these things right before signing and in the middle of the whole transfer cluster.  

Sorry if this bothers some people but Husker Nation is pissed royally at Frost and the mess that he’s made.  He took over a very troubled program and he knew it full well.  Now when the going is really tough because very little has changed for the better on his 4 year watch, he thinks it’s his offensive staff’s fault and audaciously hires 3 to replace what 4 couldn’t do with his direct involvement, and says - You guys do it - I can’t.   CEO?   Not!  

I got to your second sentence and had a really hard time going on.  But....I tried.

As a lawyer (if you really are) you should really understand the fallacy of your second paragraph.

Sorry, I couldn't take anymore and stopped there.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Bro, you're certifiable. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I got to your second sentence and had a really hard time going on.  But....I tried.

As a lawyer (if you really are) you should really understand the fallacy of your second paragraph.

Sorry, I couldn't take anymore and stopped there.

Nothing false in any of it.  Read the articles on interview with MJ and radio show with Sharp.  Exactly the message. Period.  It’s simply a terrible thing for Frost to say and do.  No wonder the team seems to believe they are destined to fail / lose.  He says No fear of failure and I don’t know how to help you win.  

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Which transfer portal target are you speaking of here? Didn't need this multipost current state of the cornhusker union opinion piece on this thread. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
8 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Well, majority of Husker fans and former players would agree on the option and run the damned ball.  But Scott Frost hates it - always has.  He has been Frosty the throw man all his life.  He will ‘live by the pass; die by the pass’ forever, or at least until 12-1-22.  

I am disappointed but not surprised by Frost and the new Whippey O.  But I expect I will dislike it less than the nameless Frosty Spread.
I am forever hopeful (hope is all we got now) that Husker Power will return in all its smash mouth glory and pride.  

GBR!   Need a QB to appear. Rub that magic football and poof!   He will appear! 

5y057c.jpg

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4