Tangent Thread - Run the Damn Ball!!!

It's absolutely ridiculous that Nebraska's top running back had only 112 carries for 495 yards, while the two QBs got 180 carries for 650 yards, and the breakthrough RB who was averaging 6.3 yards per carry spent most of the season in a doghouse on the sideline. 

We have to start running our running game through the running backs. A mobile QB would be awesome, but a great decision-making QB would be better. And hey, why not both?

Point being there's a big gulf between a pass happy offense and a return to the triple option, and that's where most smart team's operate. 

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, admo said:

Omygosh !!!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Love this!  I may have to borrow it often

Lol.   The laugh is on you pass the dam ball guys who love the Frosty the throw man show!  My goodness !   I just looked at the all new signing class on NU site!   Just chock full of all that high powered passing game guys (WRs, QBs, OL, RBs).   Not.  

Nothing about the class says scoring explosion like this one!    

Throw in that Austin, Jurgens and Adrian all are exiting early, RBs coach NA, ST NA, no transfer QB yet found, and Frost says he doesn’t know what to do!   That sounds all seriously funny to me!!     Ha ha ha.  Sad day in Husker Nation.  

I’ve been a die hard Husker for 52 years.  This is the worst day by far.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Lol.   The laugh is on you pass the dam ball guys who love the Frosty the throw man show!  My goodness !   I just looked at the all new signing class on NU site!   Just chock full of all that high powered passing game guys (WRs, QBs, OL, RBs).   Not.  

Nothing about the class says scoring explosion like this one!    

Throw in that Austin, Jurgens and Adrian all are exiting early, RBs coach NA, ST NA, no transfer QB yet found, and Frost says he doesn’t know what to do!   That sounds all seriously funny to me!!     Ha ha ha.  Sad day in Husker Nation.  

I’ve been a die hard Husker for 52 years.  This is the worst day by far.  

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Mobile qb's are cool and all but you guys remember a few years back when Northwestern had a non mobile Qb and he ran on us for like 300 yard on 2 carries and then we played Purdue like a week later and the same thing happened.  I want a QB who can make the throws he is supposed to.  Anyone can run.

Also a good way to have a hobbled QB for the entire conf slate. I like Smother, but running him 20x a game is gonna have him banged up by mid October every season. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
25 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Nothing false in any of it.  Read the articles on interview with MJ and radio show with Sharp.  Exactly the message. Period.  It’s simply a terrible thing for Frost to say and do.  No wonder the team seems to believe they are destined to fail / lose.  He says No fear of failure and I don’t know how to help you win.  

Objection, your honor! Speculation!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Also a good way to have a hobbled QB for the entire conf slate. I like Smother, but running him 20x a game is gonna have him banged up by mid October every season. 

Whips history does not suggest that our QB will be running. The rushing numbers for his QB are very low. His offense does not include designed QB runs, or at least they are sparse. Smothers will have to gain arm strength or he doesn’t fit. Whips offense has been approx 57-43 pass, which will be a shocked to grey hairs tradition… and yes, I have grey hair

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, HANC said:

Whips history does not suggest that our QB will be running. The rushing numbers for his QB are very low. His offense does not include designed QB runs, or at least they are sparse. Smothers will have to gain arm strength or he doesn’t fit. Whips offense has been approx 57-43 pass, which will be a shocked to grey hairs tradition… and yes, I have grey hair

It’s not really the # of passes vs runs as it the pass vs run YRDS and the number of first downs and time of possession and plays per TD drive and the yards per point scored.  If you rush for over 300 yards per game, you will win atleast 75% of your games. At 400 ypg the win % jumps to 90% plus.  
Your red zone scoring goes up too!

Your defense gets better too.  

Stop the run first, is the first rule of defense.   Make the opponent one dimensional (pass) then hit the QB until he doesn’t get up anymore.
AND Celebrate the wins!   

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It’s not really the # of passes vs runs as it the pass vs run YRDS and the number of first downs and time of possession and plays per TD drive and the yards per point scored.  If you rush for over 300 yards per game, you will win atleast 75% of your games. At 400 ypg the win % jumps to 90% plus.  
Your red zone scoring goes up too!

Your defense gets better too.  

Stop the run first, is the first rule of defense.   Make the opponent one dimensional (pass) then hit the QB until he doesn’t get up anymore.
AND Celebrate the wins!   

This is an incoherent sentence.  I've read quite a few of your posts and understand you prefer an offense that favors the run.  I've also read a few posts that counter this logic with the following statistic: there was only one team this year that average 300+ yards a game and that was Army.  They went 9-3.

I'm starting to think your account is a parody account of fans stuck in the 90's.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3