TE Danny Lewis [Cincinnati Commit]

Mavric

Not a speedy guy but good hands and hard to tackle.  Could be that one or more TEs could be moved to other positions.  LB, DE, O line (guard-center ?).  This year’s class seems to me like an effort to get great athletes and then find a position of need and fit.  Not a bad approach if you are looking out a year or two for develop time.   This suggests they are following a plan and have faith in their ability to fill immediate vacancies from existing guys or several good gets yet to be revealed.  Hopefully anyway.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Not a speedy guy but good hands and hard to tackle.  Could be that one or more TEs could be moved to other positions.  LB, DE, O line (guard-center ?).  This year’s class seems to me like an effort to get great athletes and then find a position of need and fit.  Not a bad approach if you are looking out a year or two for develop time.   This suggests they are following a plan and have faith in their ability to fill immediate vacancies from existing guys or several good gets yet to be revealed.  Hopefully anyway.  

I've heard the plan is to move Fidone to Center to replace Cam Jergens.  :sarcasm

Ha ha.  Just some humor.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

We offered a DE from the same school.

DE is class of 2024. He’s a big one. Danny is 2022

6’4 is stretching it for Danny. If he is 6’4, he’s been that way for 2 years. I don’t see him growing anymore.  

serious question, just because they’re from the south does that mean they’re better or have more potential? 

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

DE is class of 2024. He’s a big one. Danny is 2022

6’4 is stretching it for Danny. If he is 6’4, he’s been that way for 2 years. I don’t see him growing anymore.  

serious question, just because they’re from the south does that mean they’re better or have more potential? 

As said, it's probably someone MJ was recruiting to LSU. Could also be a really good school to try and recruit from.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:49 PM, seaofred92 said:

Guessing he’s not really in Cincinnati’s plans if he didn’t sign there in December? Looks like he’s been committed since September 

I think he held off on signing because the in state school(LSU) was sniffing around and UFs coach in Napier offered shortly after getting the UF job. From his time at Louisiana Lafayette, I imagine there's a connection. 

I think this is just Mickey throwing his hat in the ring. If LSU offers, he'll head there. UF I'd say has the lead right now.