Spring Game - April 9th @ 1:00

Mavric

24 minutes ago, admo said:

Some teams have their game at night.  I think that would be pretty cool to have it under the lights...  And give the fans a red-light show.  Have some fun with it.  Give them something fresh and exciting.  Get the kool-aid flowing. I would if I was AD or in control lol.

That would be awesome for our family and many other families with kids that hunt.  April 9th is opening day of youth turkey season.  The kids only get one weekend of youth only so mine will choose turkey hunting but I know they would love to go to the game as well.  An evening game would allow them to do both.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, admo said:

Some teams have their game at night.  I think that would be pretty cool to have it under the lights...  And give the fans a red-light show.  Have some fun with it.  Give them something fresh and exciting.  Get the kool-aid flowing. I would if I was AD or in control lol.

The problem with that is, that time of year in Nebraska, the weather can still be bad.  There's a bigger chance of having decent weather having it in the middle of the afternoon instead of after the sun goes down.  Now, if we were further south, this would be easier to do.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

I agree and if ticket sales get lame for it they should try new things...Night game or 8am Kickoff with the bars being able to open at like 4am, something like that.  

Face it, the spring game is for the fans, students and businesses.

• Oh Yeah! 2
  • 3 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If the weather cooperated, a night Spring Game would have the potential to be pretty cool.  Especially if beers were available and they were to blend it with some sort of concert.

Agreed!

Or work with the city that day and block off R street (Frat Row) and O street and let people party.

• Oh Yeah! 2
  • 4 weeks later...

12 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I will be there… who are we playing again?

Bethune Cookman JV squad.  Huskers roll!   Big Red favored by 9 but it will be a battle until late third quarter.  Weather will be a factor in the passing and kicking.  Just a guess but I hope we score in the mid 20s at least!   

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spring Game - April 9th @ 1:00