Spring Game - April 9th @ 1:00

Mavric

So it sounds like it will be first half tackling and second half just wrapping, probably with a running clock?

Probably around 40 tickets sold?  If the weather starts to look nice I am guessing they get right around 50,000?

Should be a pretty rocking time down in Stinkin Lincoln on the 9th.

I plan to have a nice buzz going by 10am.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spring Game - April 9th @ 1:00

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

Looks like the weather might be just about perfect.  almost 70 degrees and sunny.

Gotta think the bars will be packed.

Weather Channel 10-day forecast (April 9)...

Mostly sunny skies. High 62F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.

:corndanceNo more tornado watch (Bo) nor extreme lightning strikes (Akron) !!

BTW, BTN live telecast

• Haha 1

Frost said they're still deciding on the format.  He said he'd like to have it more like a real game but with certain positions being hit by injuries it sounds like it'll probably be more of an offense vs. defense format.  Said they want to make it "competitive and fun" for the fans.

Expect extremely vanilla play-calling.

Yup. Not sure why ‘vanilla’ (my fav ice cream

flavor btw) is so disrespectfully used to describe or suggest bland, plain, simple and without any pizzazz?   Lol.  

It’s been that way for 20 years now - nobody should be surprised.  Unfortunately, not having game like conditions wastes the opportunity to get young guys some beneficial experience in front of a small crowd. After seeing attendance drop off 10,000 a game last year, and none in ‘20 due to Covid, coupled with no bowl games or practices for 5 years, there aren’t many things headed in the right direction.  

We open on the longest road trip many guys with ever make to a conference critical game.  I hope they get ready by using wisely every damned minute of practice time / reps. 

48 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

What do people do before and after the spring game? Bringing my family from out of state and trying to make it a great experience and have only been to two home games in my life. Will be the first one for my kids 4, 6 and 10. Any fan zones or tailgates or places that are a must-do? Thanks for any advice!

The entire hay market area will be great atmosphere for all but plan on it being busy.  Plenty of great restaurants.  My kids like Buzzard Billy's.  Take the kids to Hurts Donut Co for desert prior to the game.  All the kids I have taken there loved it.  Find a way to watch the marching band- others can help with this.  The tunnel walk is cool if they are doing it but so is the experience from your seat- can't go wrong wither way.    

On 3/25/2022 at 8:13 AM, RichardHangslow said:

I am going to say white wins again. Back-to-back white wins would be a first in my memory. 

This is correct! White has never had back-to-back wins. Closest was winning two out of three in 1976 & 1978.

Overall, Red is 46-11-1 vs. White in the Spring Game since the Devaney era.

Anyone remember they year they tied - without looking it up?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

That would have been Zac Taylor for the red and Joe Ganz for the white?

Joe Dailey for the Red, Mike Stuntz for the White.

EDIT to add - the only tie in the last 60 years was 2000, when the White team erased a two-touchdown deficit in the fourth quarter to tie the game at 21. Solich thought it was a good game, though.

• Oh Yeah! 1