Spring Game - April 9th @ 1:00

Mavric

17 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Rewatched the Spring Game. Still think we are the same position we were in last year; a defense that can win the division and an inept offense. 

Bright spot on O for me was the RB situation.  Guys looked good with their touches.  Can't tell a lot from getting "tackled" by a touch, but Yant is a beast and Grant showed speed and vision.  Passing game wasn't as strong as I'd have thought, but like Joseph has mentioned, rotating QB's all spring is hard to get a rhythm established with the receivers.  Having all the projected starters out at TE probably didn't help.  But to your post, the D did look much better and more enthusiastic.

• Fire 1
8 hours ago, teachercd said:

My spring game day.

8:30 meet out at my friends, 3 of us have a quick driveway beer and then we are off!

Tall boys in car on the way to Lincoln, parked and walking by 10am.

Sandy's (bouncer is a former student and we chat for a second) and then a pitcher of Elk Creek.  Then off to Duffy's, started to get crowded with a lot of people that were clearly reliving the old days, like we were.

Next stop, the Rail, good fun but no crowd.  Some dude running for some office was there trying to get us to register and vote, I quickly spouted off somee HB political takes and grabbed my beer.  Then off to 1867, dead.

Then off to Barry's, how that place would ever not make money is something I can't grasp.  Also, if you have a daughter at UNL, she dresses like all her clothes were shrunk in the dryer and she is wasted.

Off to the game, club seats, really nice but the game was lame.  Left after 20 minutes and...

Hit up Rosies, nice place and nice crowd.  Left and hit up The Bar The Bar, dead at first and then packed by 330ish, college kids enjoying the weather and drinking, made me miss college.

Sounds like a blast!

For the record, I took two aspirin after reading this :)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, was in an elevator with Dylan Raiola, a guy got on with a "Run The Ball" hand and Dylan goes "No, pass the ball"

You should have said "No, kick the ball.  You guys don't know crap.  Special teams, man"  :waste ;)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, was in an elevator with Dylan Raiola, a guy got on with a "Run The Ball" hand and Dylan goes "No, pass the ball"

Or you could have said "Aw man, who ate the Runza?!!!???!!  I know how that cabbage hits......"

"Level 2 please. Thanks"

On 4/9/2022 at 2:28 PM, knapplc said:

This happens every few Springs. Surely this isn't the first Spring Game you've watched in the last 15 years?

Last year was the first time I ever heard of Nebraska playing 2-hand touch for the spring game.  What other years in the last 15 did it happen?