Spring Game - April 9th @ 1:00

Mavric

The Spring Red-White game used to be semi-interesting when we were good. It’s been pretty boring and useless as of late.  I dropped my sports package that included BTN a few days ago to save the $10/month. Don’t see any reason I’ll need it before next fall…..if then.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

The Spring Red-White game used to be semi-interesting when we were good. It’s been pretty boring and useless as of late.  I dropped my sports package that included BTN a few days ago to save the $10/month. Don’t see any reason I’ll need it before next fall…..if then.

What?  You're going to miss the end of our glorious men's basketball season?

The only thing that keeps making the spring game even slightly interesting is the changes.  The new offensive staff make it interesting at least for me to watch on TV.  I really don't have a desire to go to the game.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What?  You're going to miss the end of our glorious men's basketball season?

The only thing that keeps making the spring game even slightly interesting is the changes.  The new offensive staff make it interesting at least for me to watch on TV.  I really don't have a desire to go to the game.

I’ve watched the last few on TV and they were a joke. Could not stay engaged with them at all. If I was in town, I might go down to the bars for the gameday feel but I have no interest in these powder puff practices any longer.

Yeah, I actually was looking forward to watching mens bball this year…..until I actually watched a couple games. Gawd they are bad. The $60 or $70 I’ll save on BTN is worth more than anything I might miss.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve watched the last few on TV and they were a joke. Could not stay engaged with them at all. If I was in town, I might go down to the bars for the gameday feel but I have no interest in these powder puff practices any longer.

Yeah, I actually was looking forward to watching mens bball this year…..until I actually watched a couple games. Gawd they are bad. The $60 or $70 I’ll save on BTN is worth more than anything I might miss.

Last years “no contact” game was maybe the worst version of a spring game in recent memory. I’ll skip it this year if it’s the same.

If the baseball team were on BTN more often, then it could be worth the value.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I think part of it is the dumb formats weve done

I think this year there is such an easy way to drive attention, particularly due to the transfers of thompson and purdy...

play a straight up game of 1st string O/2nd string D against 2nd string O/1 string D.... with 3rd and 4th stringers sprinkkled across both... I'd tune in assuming we have 2 P5 caliber starting qbs going for 1 job

42 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

it is too bad you are all going to skip going to the spring game of the 2022 National Champions our Nebraska Cornhuskers. Cheapest ticket you will get this year too. 

Hell yeah brother! Glad I'm not the only one drunk on a Tuesday afternoon! :cheers:waste:wasted

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Dude, I go down to it and hardly remember a play, it is just a chance to hit up Lincoln and have some fun.  It is hard to watch.

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Man I'm just gonna be positive right now. What the hell is negativity going to do? Make me miserable? I'll let the losses do that during the season if they occur. Until then screw it. 

Yep.  No reason for fans to be miserable all through the off season.  Be positive.  If we still suck next year, there will be time then to cry in our beers.

• Oh Yeah! 1
17 hours ago, teachercd said:

Have the announced a time for this yet?

1pm would be about perfect.

Some teams have their game at night.  I think that would be pretty cool to have it under the lights...  And give the fans a red-light show.  Have some fun with it.  Give them something fresh and exciting.  Get the kool-aid flowing. I would if I was AD or in control lol.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Spring Game - April 9th @ 1:00