Spring Game - April 9th @ 1:00

Mavric

1 hour ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

What do people do before and after the spring game? Bringing my family from out of state and trying to make it a great experience and have only been to two home games in my life. Will be the first one for my kids 4, 6 and 10. Any fan zones or tailgates or places that are a must-do? Thanks for any advice!

Tailgating will be going on and there are always kids running around at those.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Tailgating will be going on and there are always kids running around at those.

Try calling both the Athletic Dept and UNL alumni assn.  they may have some interesting things.  A walk around campus east of stadium may yield some things too.  Drum lines. Cheer squads. Band.  Etc.  Check out a few shops down town for things.  The UNL bookstore usually has lots of items to wander thru.  Of course some bars as well for those that permit kids.  

I should add that spring games are not the same and crowds etc not comparable lately.  Die hard bar goers will enjoy.   
I’d also check out other sport events (if any?) on buskers.com.  Many are free or cheap.  It is a inactive time so not sure.  Even track is done - idk?  
baseball ?   The whole weekend can be red.  
The museum is interesting just SE of stadium a couple blocks.  

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can someone remind me how this works?  So, all the defense will be on one side and all the offense will be on the other?

Sooooo.....only one team will have the ball on offense and the only way the other team will score is with a pick 6 or something like that?

When they've done that before, it has been on some sort of points system.  You get points for "big plays" - sacks, tackles for loss, turnovers, etc.  Offense gets points for scoring (obviously) but also gets points for 10+ yard runs, 20+ yard passes, etc.

I Haven't seen anything specific for this year but I would guess it's got to be something like that.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

When they've done that before, it has been on some sort of points system.  You get points for "big plays" - sacks, tackles for loss, turnovers, etc.  Offense gets points for scoring (obviously) but also gets points for 10+ yard runs, 20+ yard passes, etc.

I Haven't seen anything specific for this year but I would guess it's got to be something like that.

a real life fantasy football game