Will There Be a 2022 Season?

22 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Maybe so, but we've heard the *almost there* spewed for some time now. Remember, it was supposed to be 2 weeks to slow the spread.

Initial guidance was based on best available knowledge at the time. Guidance will continue to evolve and change as more is learned and as the situation changes due to new variants, new treatments, hospital capacity, etc. You can be annoyed at what's "spewed" or "supposed to be", but that's just reality.

22 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

As, I alluded to above, I'm willing to take reasonable precautions, but I'm not going to let it stop me from doing anything. At the same time, I'll respect anyone's wishes who feel differently (wear a mask in a client's presence if requested, for example). 

We just got back from Minneapolis for a Vikings game, was very surprised by the lack of masks, avoidance in such a 'blue' part of the country. As you mentioned, everyone is growing weary of it.

Yep, it's a balance of what we want to do personally, what other people want us to do around them, and what's best for the community.

• Plus1 2

On 12/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Speculation is always speculation, but the stone-cold facts suggest every stage of the pandemic has been more serious than the non-mainstream media wants us to believe.

The U.S. logged 200,000 new cases and 2,000 deaths Monday, part of a big uptick that's been going on for weeks.  The vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths are among the un-vaccinated. Many of the positive trends are indeed positive and will help get us out of it, but they obviously haven't stopped some of the worst numbers in the last two years, and it's not a huge mystery that a strain exponentially more infectious would take advantage of a population that has returned to its pre-COVID lifestyle. 

It's crazy to think that this shouldn't be news, but that's apparently where we're at. 

Depends on what "news" you watch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1