Tony Tuioti named DL Coach at Oregon

seaofred92

3 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

He’s probably going to say no and sit on the beach with his girlfriend(s) but you need to call coach O and offer him a hefty hefty sum to be DL coach IMO

He's already getting a hefty sum of cash from LSU, have to give him something else...he loves him some cheeseburgers.  Runza needs to step up and offer him a lifetime of his contract supply of free runzas/cheeseburgers.   :P

8 minutes ago, Toe said:

Stop looking for the DL guys to be sack machines, that's not how it works in a 3-4.

I know that, but they should free up guys to get to the passer. Hasn't happened a lot this season. 

We were pretty stout against the run till the end of the season though, so there's that...

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I know that, but they should free up guys to get to the passer. Hasn't happened a lot this season. 

We were pretty stout against the run till the end of the season though, so there's that...

It's not the D line's fault no one can get home with one on one matchups or that Nelson runs himself out of plays 50% of the time still.  They've been doing their job pretty well.

• Plus1 1

It doesn’t help when Tuioti’s boss is a likely one and done HC do he’d likely be unemployed in 11 mos.  So he should be looking and gets a $200k pay jump?   No brainer.  

Let’s hope Frost’s other staff are more loyal to him but it had to be very disturbing to see him fire two former Huskers and his whole offensive inner circle so not surprising if coaches jump ship.  

I am sure Trev is busy reviewing his old notebooks to prep to take over the DC job. Dawson be excellent back on DL.  I’m not sure if Ruud could handle all the LB/DE spots but coaches may be as hard to lure into the den as QBs and O linemen. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It doesn’t help when Tuioti’s boss is a likely one and done HC do he’d likely be unemployed in 11 mos.  So he should be looking and gets a $200k pay jump?   No brainer.  

Let’s hope Frost’s other staff are more loyal to him but it had to be very disturbing to see him fire two former Huskers and his whole offensive inner circle so not surprising if coaches jump ship.  

I am sure Trev is busy reviewing his old notebooks to prep to take over the DC job. Dawson be excellent back on DL.  I’m not sure if Ruud could handle all the LB/DE spots but coaches may be as hard to lure into the den as QBs and O linemen. 

Was our DL better under Dawson or Tuioti? 

13 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Was our DL better under Dawson or Tuioti? 

Arguably Dawson imo.   He put the Davis twins in the NFL and the D line got better despite no depth. Tuioti did well too but from an outsider’s view, D line is doing better than under Riley and has depth so substitutions work.  We don’t have great talent but quite a few good ones playing up to their capabilities.
Really, the defense overall plays pretty well, despite having no truly exceptional players.  Those come with wins which we can’t seem to find.  We desperately need to preserve as much of the gains on defense as we can thru these 3-4 win seasons.  2022 is critical to get better everywhere - dramatically in scoring and cut errors.  

I like all the D staff and Tuioti is good but hasn’t landed as one real dominant guy either. Again, hold on to what we can there. Consistency and improvement in basic skills and execution is the area we’ve done best.  Get another solid year in ‘22, with some more wins and a decent bowl and recruit recruit recruit all over.  Easier said than done I know but that is the path.  

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1