Tony Tuioti named DL Coach at Oregon

seaofred92

2 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

So does Tuioti leaving for Oregon mean he stinks and we're glad to get rid of him aka HB's approach to how view recruits who don't come to Nebraska?  Or, does him going to a much better program means he was a good coach that we correctly identified and are happy to have had on the staff?  SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO THINK!!!!!

I think you respect what Tony did here and wish him well on his new roll. I think we will be fine whether we move Coach Dawson or go external. We can say he was a good coach and be flattered someone is poaching our staff. Means we are doing something right lol 

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

So does Tuioti leaving for Oregon mean he stinks and we're glad to get rid of him aka HB's approach to how view recruits who don't come to Nebraska?  Or, does him going to a much better program means he was a good coach that we correctly identified and are happy to have had on the staff?  SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO THINK!!!!!

He's a good coach. I'm just not sure it will hurt us that much losing him if a good replacement slides in. It's a good problem to have when our coaches are getting poach for other top tier OR jobs. Just wish we had that problem on offense...

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Lets be honest, at least one booster has to have connections for the kilo too

Why you rubbing your nose so much? You got allergies in the winter time?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Farms said:

I'm pretty sure he's got all the money he needs from LSU.

He may like to coach.  It is not always solely money.   He will have offers but we are talking about getting a chance to turn around Nebraska football.  There are still lots of folks outside the Big Ten that dream of Husker Power being back where it belongs!   He has less downside risk than upside potential, hopefully. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, Farms said:

I think Dawson is probably on par with Tuioti coaching wise.  I just don't think Dawson is a great recruiter.  It seemed like Tuioti would have us in the top 2-3 for lots of really good targets but couldn't ever get any of them to come here, I bet that was frustrating for him.  He's kind of been a job hopper thus far in his career I think Oregon is probably an ideal spot for him though.

image.thumb.png.58dbfb980345e5a6dd96e25228e6c59a.png

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

image.thumb.png.58dbfb980345e5a6dd96e25228e6c59a.png

I bet coach Fish had more to do with landing Jaeden Gould than Dawson.  Ty Robinson was a really good get but a lot of that had to do with him already having strong Nebraska ties.  I just thought I had read previously somewhere that Dawson left for the NFL because he wasn't crazy about recruiting but I could be wrong.  But either way this list is pretty underwhelming if you're trying to prove to me that he is a really good recruiter....

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Farms said:

I bet coach Fish had more to do with landing Jaeden Gould than Dawson.  Ty Robinson was a really good get but a lot of that had to do with him already having strong Nebraska ties.  I just thought I had red previously somewhere that Dawson left for the NFL because he wasn't crazy about recruiting but I could be wrong.  But either way this list is pretty underwhelming if you're trying to prove to me that he is a really good recruiter....

Dawson's NJ connections had more to do with it. Dawson went to the NFL to get fully vested in the NFL pension plan I believe. 

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

He was smart to get on with a new staff also, probably with a niceraise to boot. Not a high likelyhood he gets more than another year here anyway.

Yeah, you can't fault him.  I like him a lot too.  To be honest, I have been kind of worried about Chins getting nice offers, and possibly taking one on.  I hope it doesn't come to that.

• Plus1 2

Outside of continuity, It's not a massive loss.  He wasn't an exceptional recruiter & Raiola presumably fills that connection to Hawaii now.  Losing Fisher would decimate that room and be a huge loss for example.  It will be interesting to see how this void is filled.  I assume Dawson back to D-Line.  Maybe Blackshirts stay in 4-2-5 out of necessity.  I joke.  

• Haha 2