Nebraska to Gator Bowl, Could This Be Possible

2 hours ago, M.A. said:

If a team gets an invite in this scenario do they really want to go with short notice. My guess is many would decline. There are several reasons why it wouldn't be practical. It might be workable for some. 

The only team it would make sense for is the opponent of the next team that has to withdraw from their already scheduled bowl game due to Covid (and I would bet there will be another one before this is done). At least they would be physically and mentally prepared. Would still have some significant logistic issues of changing travel plans.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The only team it would make sense for is the opponent of the next team that has to withdraw from their already scheduled bowl game due to Covid (and I would bet there will be another one before this is done). At least they would be physically and mentally prepared. Would still have some significant logistic issues of changing travel plans.

Not many would want to play without any prep time etc. No fun time prebowl either.  Risky for lots of reasons. No fan travel. Families unable.  Etc.  even a week is sketchy.  

18 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Just would like to point out that we could have gone bowling last year, but we declined.  Not sure if Kansas declined. Just trying to take the sting out of that fat fact of realism. 

we should play Kansas in the “we’ve finally hit the rock bottom” bowl 

I enjoyed your post.  Do you think we would win it or lose it?

4 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Just would like to point out that we could have gone bowling last year, but we declined.  Not sure if Kansas declined. Just trying to take the sting out of that fat fact of realism. 

we should play Kansas in the “we’ve finally hit the rock bottom” bowl 

and we were 3-5... no way did we deserve to play in one.

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

Yea no need to play, better to sit it out, ice up and prep up for next year.  I mean my life doesnt change if they play a bowl game or not so im sure there future careers dont involve playing extra games, getting extra reps and exposure.  I mean what football player would want to do that.  

Victoria???!! 

Damn, son...:cheers  grab some shiners and head out to Port Aransas for deep sea fishing and the good life!!!  Hang at the beach, burn a fire, grill the steaks, play the guitar...  Oh heck yeah brotha  :thumbs

On 12/23/2021 at 7:52 PM, Stone Cold said:

Yea no need to play, better to sit it out, ice up and prep up for next year.  I mean my life doesnt change if they play a bowl game or not so im sure there future careers dont involve playing extra games, getting extra reps and exposure.  I mean what football player would want to do that.  

The reality to trailing sarcasm was very well done on this. 

• Haha 1