Excited for the Off-Season!

Terrabus

I'm so excited for the off-season this year because we have new coaches and great players coming up.  We've had some real coups in recruiting and I feel like it will finally all come together in 2022.  I'm looking forward to the Spring Game and while I'm not rich and I live 9 hours away, I'm still going to try to make it to Lincoln to be there.  I've never been to a Husker game and I want to so badly!  

I know there's a lot of negativity floating around but I don't feel it.  I can't wait until we take the field for the start of the 2022 season.  I know there have been some big moves and there are probably more to come.  I love what I've seen so far and they just feel right.  2022 Is going to be our season.  I can feel it in my bones.  

Does anybody else feel this?  Go Big Red, baby!  

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4

16 minutes ago, Terrabus said:

I'm so excited for the off-season this year because we have new coaches and great players coming up.  We've had some real coups in recruiting and I feel like it will finally all come together in 2022.  I'm looking forward to the Spring Game and while I'm not rich and I live 9 hours away, I'm still going to try to make it to Lincoln to be there.  I've never been to a Husker game and I want to so badly!  

I know there's a lot of negativity floating around but I don't feel it.  I can't wait until we take the field for the start of the 2022 season.  I know there have been some big moves and there are probably more to come.  I love what I've seen so far and they just feel right.  2022 Is going to be our season.  I can feel it in my bones.  

Does anybody else feel this?  Go Big Red, baby!  

You might want to slip a little scotch into that pitcher of Kool-Aid lol. I'm not pick'n on ya. I've made a personal oath to not have any expectations. Either way. Hopefully you're right. 

• Haha 1

To be honest, I am more excited about this off season then the last few. 

Having a QB that isn't 2AM seems strange, but it also brings some new excitement into the fold. 

Losing Cam Jurgens (especially) and Matt Sichterman as returning starters for next year, Austin Allen, Samori Tourre, are some big shoes to fill on offense. 

Will be interesting to see how Gabe Irvin heals up and gets ready for next year.

Also, the defense losing 4 or 5 really good players that have been starters for years.  Will be interesting to see the next guys take over.  Although I do anticipate a drop off with defense.  Those guys kept us in games often.

And of course the new additions to the coaching staff seems like an upgrade.

Out of the gate, we should start out 3-0.  I have no clue how the rest of the year will go.  But yes, winter spring summer and fall ball is bit more exciting this year. 

There should be no reason why the Huskers can't go 5-1 through the first 6 games.

Northwestern (Ireland)
North Dakota (home)
Georgia Southern (home)
OU (home)
at Rutgers
Indiana (home)

And if they play well at home, you have to go at least 2-1 in these games

Minnesota (home)
Purdue (home)
Illinois (home)

5 fairly winnable conference games would ensure the Huskers first winning season in the B1G.  The scheduling did their part.  Now it's up the Huskers and staff to make it happen.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

There should be no reason why the Huskers can't go 5-1 through the first 6 games.

Northwestern (Ireland)
North Dakota (home)
Georgia Southern (home)
OU (home)
at Rutgers
Indiana (home)

And if they play well at home, you have to go at least 2-1 in these games

Minnesota (home)
Purdue (home)
Illinois (home)

5 fairly winnable conference games would ensure the Huskers first winning season in the B1G.  The scheduling did their part.  Now it's up the Huskers and staff to make it happen.

??? We've had winning seasons in the BIG haven't we? I mean we've played for the title. Maybe you meant Frost's first winning season in the BIG?

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, M.A. said:

You might want to slip a little scotch into that pitcher of Kool-Aid lol. I'm not pick'n on ya. I've made a personal oath to not have any expectations. Either way. Hopefully you're right. 

Something tells me the OP is drinking Scotch with a splash of Kool-Aid, and not the other way around. 

And I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully we make progress and break out of this cycle. But we're missing some key pieces on both the O and D lines, plus at QB (unless Smothers has a breakout Spring), to be full-bore optimistic at this point. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

??? We've had winning seasons in the BIG haven't we? I mean we've played for the title. Maybe you meant Frost's first winning season in the BIG?

Yes good catch, my mistake.  I meant with HCSF. 

I don't think 5-4 will win the division at all though.  I would like to see 5 conf wins because the schedule is kind, and it would put us at 7 wins (with 2 non-conf), and looking for 8 with a bowl game.

I don't expect that though.  I feel like 5-7 or 6-6 is more realistic.  Plus I've been wrong every year under HCSF.  I'm pretty sure I thought the Huskers would get 8 wins each year lol.  I was so wrong

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, admo said:

Northwestern (Ireland)
North Dakota (home)
Georgia Southern (home)
OU (home)
at Rutgers
Indiana (home)

"No reason" we can't start 5-1?  Have you not watched this team over the last 4 years?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

I am dreading this off season. It’s gonna be a long one. But am fairly excited to see some new faces and what the team can do next season. My only problem is there are probably large disparities between what I feel this team should do with the easy 2022 schedule and what will actually happen. But there’s still that glimmer of hope that maybe….finally….they get their s#!t together.

43 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"No reason" we can't start 5-1?  Have you not watched this team over the last 4 years?

Northwestern (Ireland) - 1-8 conference record
North Dakota (home) - FCS team 5-6 record
Georgia Southern (home) - 3-9  (Sun Belt team)
OU (home)
at Rutgers - 2-7 conference record
Indiana (home) - 0-9 conference record

I mean, if the Huskers cant win 5 games against that competition... then the writing is on the wall.