Huskers in the 2022 NFL Draft

Mavric

11 hours ago, admo said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I liked Samori Toure way more than Wandale since Day 1.  He's a real WR and not a bulldog slot guy.

I couldn't judge the two personally when we got them.  Toure got developed and used far better, both prior to Nebraska and then after.  That saddest part of it all is what the team could have looked like with both of them.  It still makes me chuckle how many folks on this board concluded that Wandale just wasn't "that elite".  The reality was he was a very nice piece that never got utilized well.  And, the fact is, that even if he was utilized well, between the line and the QB, he probably wasn't going to be as "showy" of a piece as he could have been out of our own lack to coach.

In terms of being the better pro, I'd draft Toure ahead of Wandale all day long.  I think Wandale could have been a great college player but never really saw him as a pro prospect in the same way.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I couldn't judge the two personally when we got them.  Toure got developed and used far better, both prior to Nebraska and then after.  That saddest part of it all is what the team could have looked like with both of them.  It still makes me chuckle how many folks on this board concluded that Wandale just wasn't "that elite".  The reality was he was a very nice piece that never got utilized well.  And, the fact is, that even if he was utilized well, between the line and the QB, he probably wasn't going to be as "showy" of a piece as he could have been out of our own lack to coach.

In terms of being the better pro, I'd draft Toure ahead of Wandale all day long.  I think Wandale could have been a great college player but never really saw him as a pro prospect in the same way.

I mostly agree.  I think Toure is a better pure receiver.  However, Wandale had a nice year this year at Kentucky. 

Yes, Wandale was used at Rb way too much. However, there were times when he had chances across the middle on nice pass plays and he just didn't seem to make the catches and plays that Toure did while here.  Now, they played on different teams and that plays into the whole thing.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I mostly agree.  I think Toure is a better pure receiver.  However, Wandale had a nice year this year at Kentucky. 

Yes, Wandale was used at Rb way too much. However, there were times when he had chances across the middle on nice pass plays and he just didn't seem to make the catches and plays that Toure did while here.  Now, they played on different teams and that plays into the whole thing.

It would have been fun to see Wandale underneath in the short, quicker routes and then Toure pushing the middle to long routes.  That's how my mind sees it.  Finally, as you said, they played on different teams and plays into it ... in that same vein, for me, it's not fair to judge Wandale as a Fresh and Soph to a Senior year of Toure either.  

44 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I think Toure will do very well in the NFL.  He has been impressive during the recent camp and he impressed in the east-west Shrine game- catching 2 TDs.

It would have been interesting to have seen what he could have done under Joseph and Whip and the new offense.  

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-Huskers-Football-wide-receiver-Samori-Toure-2022-NFL-Draft-East-West-Shrine-Game-182209622/

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I think Toure will do very well in the NFL.  He has been impressive during the recent camp and he impressed in the east-west Shrine game- catching 2 TDs.

It would have been interesting to have seen what he could have done under Joseph and Whip and the new offense.  

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-Huskers-Football-wide-receiver-Samori-Toure-2022-NFL-Draft-East-West-Shrine-Game-182209622/

Got to watch Toure and he was certainly a stud!  How much of him do you think we got out of him?  My guess is that both he and Allen are going to be found out to be better than they were at Nebraska [thus, underutilized].

Just now, BigRedN said:

Got to watch Toure and he was certainly a stud!  How much of him do you think we got out of him?  My guess is that both he and Allen are going to be found out to be better than they were at Nebraska [thus, underutilized].

I agree. Perhaps under Whip we might have seen their full potential.  They both had a good senior year - esp 
Allen relative to his previous years.  Touri was an unknown on the this level but proved he could play wt the big boys.

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Robinson had an exceptional year at Kentucky.  He showed that he has NFL talent for sure.  If we could have used him the same way...along with Toure.  I like them both and hope they get on NFL teams. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

On 1/31/2022 at 11:44 PM, 84HuskerLaw said:

CTB is kind of ‘ify’ in the draft I’m afraid.  JoJo could be bigger of course but I think somebody will give JoJo a chance.  

I hope our draft results for our guys goes well but it may end up about like the season -a lot of close but no cigar.   

I'd be floored if CTB didn't get drafted. Outside of injury/testing terribly he seems like a shoo-in.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1