Huskers in the 2022 NFL Draft

Mavric

Looks to me like Samori Toure improved his stock and Ben Stille also played himself into a fringe 7th round pick. Jojo Domann will definitely be drafted as a safety, not a linebacker. If I had to put grades on each of our guys:

Austin Allen - 3rd Round

Cam Jurgens - 3rd/4th Round

Samori Toure - 3rd/4th Round

Cam Taylor-Britt - 4th/5th Round

Jojo Domann - 5th/6th Round

Ben Stille, Damion Daniels, Deontai Williams, and Marquel Dismuke will all likely be UDFA's but will definitely be signed to a team for a tryout. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

CTB, Jojo, Jurgens, and Allen should get drafted. Toure and Daniels might, but all-around solid WRs without an elite skill and 2-down NTs are not in super high demand.

Looking ahead, next year could be rough for the draft. The only seniors I see with even a shot at being drafted are Caleb Tannor (where does he play though?), Omar Manning (would need a huge year but is kinda the anti-Toure - good enough tools that teams might gamble on them), or Vokolek if he makes the jump like Allen did. Theoretically in Kevin Williams came in and was dominant he has NFL size, but that is a huge stretch.

Then for Juniors (many of whom have been here 4-5 years), if they left early it would be Newsome, Reimer (don't see him leaving early), or another one of the transfers having a big one and done year - Omar Brown, Trey Palmer, Hunter Anthony, or Anthony Grant. It is not great that our best chances at being drafted next year are guys just joining the program. A lot can change in a year and maybe some guys transform their draft stock, but I could see another strikeout next year. Many sophomores are eligible too with the Covid year, but I don't see any of them leaving for the draft. Maybe Ty Robinson, again assuming a big year.

33 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

I agree that I bet Jurgens thinks that. He made a mistake leaving, IMO. 

22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NFL scouts will love his athleticism, agility, strength, and motor.  By the end of the year, Jurgens was able to help provide assistance to NU's OT's on pass-protection.  Jurgens will get drafted by round 3.

He will crush it at the combine and be a day 2 draft pick most likely.  The NFL is a different ball game, it's not simply about if you were an All American in college if you get drafted. 

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

I agree that I bet Jurgens thinks that. He made a mistake leaving, IMO. 

I think it would have benefited him more by playing another year of college ball.  I agree with others that his combine numbers will look good.  Some teams might think he's a 5th or 6th rounder, but all it takes is one or two teams to value him as a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Personally I think he's going pro because he ended the season healthy and doesn't want to risk a possible injury by returning.  They don't pay well when you can't play.