Jump to content


Huskers in the 2022 NFL Draft


Mavric

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I have a close source who is someone in a position to know, Nobody is focused on players who aren't at the combine and go through the thorough scrutiny these days. Of course, teams will still try and find a hidden gem...but not in the first 4-5 rounds! They study these kids to an extreme these days. It's fascinating to talk to him. No I won't give up my source, but he knows. He is in the League, it's his job to know. Draft picks are too scarce to take a risk on an unknown. UNless someone gets in individual tryout, the chances are slim. Practice squad is more likely if no combine/tryout. Still a chance to earn a spot, but that's the route.

Have your buddy call Beef Jurgy, and tell him to come back to Nebraska for one more year.  :)

 

Or not, because either way he will have an NFL career.  Even if it's 5-7 years.

Link to comment

3 minutes ago, admo said:

Have your buddy call Beef Jurgy, and tell him to come back to Nebraska for one more year.  :)

 

Or not, because either way he will have an NFL career.  Even if it's 5-7 years.

LOL. The last thing I will ever do is pretend I know more about player development than he does!

  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment

Wow, good for Boe!!!  Hope he has a good career in the NFL.

Am happy he enjoyed WKU.  We missed him on the line this past year.

 

Also, this is interesting too...

 

"Tom my WKU family, thank you for giving me

the opportunity to play

and to take part in a record breaking season. 

The players and staff on this team will always find success

because of the culture they've built.

I've made so many great memories with this team,

I'm happy to have been a part of it

even if it was a short time.

Y'all have made me a Hilltopper for life!"

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...


4 hours ago, admo said:

^^^ For 3 years,  media and Huskers online said 6'9 255.

 

 https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/austin-allen/42775

 

Maybe if a player is listed at 6'0, we might want to drop it down a peg or two? And perhaps, for some, 10lbs lighter....

I've always thought the same thing.  If you have a guy who is 6'7 259 why not just say he is 6'4 230 and then the guy having to guard him shows up and see's him he is like wtf is this?.  Instead it's the other way around and everyone's like he's not 6'9 he's more like 6'6.  I would knock two inches off everyone and 50lbs.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, admo said:

^^^ For 3 years,  media and Huskers online said 6'9 255.

 

 https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/austin-allen/42775

 

Maybe if a player is listed at 6'0, we might want to drop it down a peg or two? And perhaps, for some, 10lbs lighter....

If you look at the 'Historical' tab on the roster, he was 6'8 until 2021 when he magically grew an inch. They're just doing the round up and add an inch to that method. He's not the only one either - Noa Pola-Gates measured just over 5'10 and a half at the all-american bowl. Then he's listed at 5'11 on the initial roster, and now he's 6'! Which is at least a little more believable given his age than Allen growing as a 23 year old.

 

But yeah, most of the guys are smaller than listed - I was actually curious if Allen was going to be more like 6'7 flat. He's basically 6'8, no idea why they randomly add more height. Maybe just to see it show up on message board roster analyses. 

 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

If you look at the 'Historical' tab on the roster, he was 6'8 until 2021 when he magically grew an inch. They're just doing the round up and add an inch to that method. He's not the only one either - Noa Pola-Gates measured just over 5'10 and a half at the all-american bowl. Then he's listed at 5'11 on the initial roster, and now he's 6'! Which is at least a little more believable given his age than Allen growing as a 23 year old.

 

But yeah, most of the guys are smaller than listed - I was actually curious if Allen was going to be more like 6'7 flat. He's basically 6'8, no idea why they randomly add more height. Maybe just to see it show up on message board roster analyses. 

 

Maybe they measured him with his cleats and helmet on?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member






×
  • Create New...