Huskers in the 2022 NFL Draft

Mavric

50 minutes ago, admo said:

@runningblind Well thank you!  The experts never mentioned him going 2nd among centers.  That's just what I noticed of all centers in the draft... that there isn't anyone between round 1 and round 6 rated high, with the possible exception of CJ. 

Side note.. IMO, doing exercises in shorts, running a 40 yard sprint, throwing up plates of 225 indoors doesn't replace the film.  But some execs love to over value that.  For Cam it should get him drafted and on payroll.

Oh they love the underwear Olympics.  Some teams draft prudently and patiently, but a lot get sucked in by measurables and reach. Happens every year.

• Plus1 1

Cam is a fine athlete, strong for his size and moves well.  I would think his measurables are OK.  His draft limiting factor may be his lack of film.  He had that major snapping issue for most of two seasons and has very few under certain snap plays and I don’t recall him snapping for kicks.  Just a guess on my part but those things could weigh against him considerably.   He will surely get a shot in the league and have to earn a spot after he gets a contract.  He has a real chance to make it.  I’m still of the feeling he would have benefited and maybe got a better $$ deal by playing another year in Lincoln.  Now with a new line coach, that may have been even better but who knows. 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Cam is a fine athlete, strong for his size and moves well.  I would think his measurables are OK.  His draft limiting factor may be his lack of film.  He had that major snapping issue for most of two seasons and has very few under certain snap plays and I don’t recall him snapping for kicks.  Just a guess on my part but those things could weigh against him considerably.   He will surely get a shot in the league and have to earn a spot after he gets a contract.  He has a real chance to make it.  I’m still of the feeling he would have benefited and maybe got a better $$ deal by playing another year in Lincoln.  Now with a new line coach, that may have been even better but who knows. 

He is athletic and strong, for sure.  Scout experts said he lacks in size as a center (under 315-320).  He had off season to gain up to 303 for the combine.  He's getting drafted regardless, and the snap issues are corrected and behind him.  Another year at Nebraska and with Raiola might have provided him as a better prospect (higher grade) for his future, and for teams needing an impact player (higher draft pick).

• Plus1 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:26 PM, admo said:

GO BIG RED!!!  I'd love to see them all do great, get drafted and be in the league.  These guys were so good to Nebraska and plaid their tails off.  Much respect for this group!

Me too!  Quite a few of those guys deserved to be on a winning team and experience a different level of success.  Hopefully they find themselves in great places at the next level.  

• Plus1 1
On 3/11/2022 at 6:50 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

Extremely rare..heck maybe nonexistent for a team's C to also double as a long snapper in the NFL.  Position has become too specialized.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/19/17173142/long-snappers-nfl-college-football

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Pretty much what you'd expect IMO - Good time for Toure, he's just coming out in a tough years for WRs. I think Deontai is off a lot of draft boards just based on injury history, but he's an athlete. And I thought Dismuke was a little bit faster than that, but you knew he wasn't running a 4.5.

But, it’s not like dismuke was getting burned constantly.