Those No Longer With Us

Mavric

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Meh, Will Levis wasn't all that good at Penn State before this year.  Kentucky figured out how to find mismatches for Wan'dale (not hard to do) and Levis was able to hit a wide open receiver. 

It also helped that they had a RB and didn’t have to try and frequently run him between the tackles.  

• Plus1 2

45 minutes ago, Ggodd002 said:

Wanda let Robinson just won a bowl game for his team so I’m going to go with huge loss.  Having a player like that this year, a few of those close games go our way.  

35 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Yes we would have. He would have all of Toure’s catches plus return yards. Toure was an abysmal returner.  

I completely disagree. He’s basically the same player he always has been. Coaching, usage and the surrounding team determined his output. He would’ve been no better at Nebraska in 2021 than he had been previously. Here he was just a huge wasted talent…not his fault at all. No way he has 100 receptions for 1300 yards with Frost and this offense. It’s like saying Burrow would’ve won the Heisman at Nebraska. No he wouldn’t have.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I completely disagree. He’s basically the same player he always has been. Coaching, usage and the surrounding team determined his output. He would’ve been no better at Nebraska in 2021 than he had been previously. Here he was just a huge wasted talent…not his fault at all. No way he has 100 receptions for 1300 yards with Frost and this offense. It’s like saying Burrow would’ve won the Heisman at Nebraska. No he wouldn’t have.

He went to a team that could use and exploit his talents.  That staff is way ahead of Frost and Co.  As mentioned above, hoping Whip will use his vast years of coaching experience and find a way to 1) win immediately 2) develop a scheme/players to win long term.

• Plus1 2

What does all this honestly say about Frost?   He is the HEAD COACH !   He has more talent, more players, more staff, more everything almost than Riley. Yet even Riley managed to win half his games.  That list of 67 players having left the program in Frost’s tenure is rather shocking imo.  I knew he had been turning over the roster but that many underclass men is TOO many to be good for team chemistry and cohesion and camaraderie.  Most are Frost recruits too.  Then you factor in graduation.  This IS Frost’s team.  3-9.  No bowls at all.  And with the recent staff changes, right before and during recruiting crunch time, it is hard to imagine much more to go wrong.  

Dam, it’s just so hard to understand how it could become such a big mess?   He brought his hand picked staff and his selection of the best QB in the country.  Oodles of 4 star WRs and good TEs and RBs.  The poor O line play was going on right in front of him all 4 years yet two or three scholarships a year for 5 spots?   
As I’ve said:   I want to believe but it’s very hard to find something to support my faith at this point.   Ugh. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

What does all this honestly say about Frost?   He is the HEAD COACH !   He has more talent, more players, more staff, more everything almost than Riley. Yet even Riley managed to win half his games.  That list of 67 players having left the program in Frost’s tenure is rather shocking imo.  I knew he had been turning over the roster but that many underclass men is TOO many to be good for team chemistry and cohesion and camaraderie.  Most are Frost recruits too.  Then you factor in graduation.  This IS Frost’s team.  3-9.  No bowls at all.  And with the recent staff changes, right before and during recruiting crunch time, it is hard to imagine much more to go wrong.  

Dam, it’s just so hard to understand how it could become such a big mess?   He brought his hand picked staff and his selection of the best QB in the country.  Oodles of 4 star WRs and good TEs and RBs.  The poor O line play was going on right in front of him all 4 years yet two or three scholarships a year for 5 spots?   
As I’ve said:   I want to believe but it’s very hard to find something to support my faith at this point.   Ugh. 

67 isn't that out of the ordinary, especially when the majority of them were complete non contributors.  Have you been looking at other programs numbers or just pacing the forum waiting for opportunities to say the same things over and over.

None of us are happy with the results.  Some of us choose to take the situation for what it is and hope it comes together next year.

15 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

67 isn't that out of the ordinary, especially when the majority of them were complete non contributors.  Have you been looking at other programs numbers or just pacing the forum waiting for opportunities to say the same things over and over.

None of us are happy with the results.  Some of us choose to take the situation for what it is and hope it comes together next year.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I was only comparing  him against Toure. I’m thankful for Toure , but he can’t even clean Wandale’s shoes. 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I was only comparing  him against Toure. I’m thankful for Toure , but he can’t even clean Wandale’s shoes. 

I agree but frustratingly neither one did us a whole lot of good as far as the W-L record. Lots of reasons for that, that have nothing to do with those players themselves. That’s why I don’t worry as much about recruiting, at least until we start developing and utilizing much better.

11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree but frustratingly neither one did us a whole lot of good as far as the W-L record. Lots of reasons for that, that have nothing to do with those players themselves. That’s why I don’t worry as much about recruiting, at least until we start developing and utilizing much better.

Could not agree more about recruiting. Although finding Toure was cool. No true replacement for Wandale. But a pleasant surprise nonetheless. 

and I guess if we threw to Wandale in the flat five times a game this year we’d probably still be 3-9 

Congratulations to Wandale and UK on their victory over Iowa today.  For those that watched, Wandale's big reception late in the game was the difference as UK overcame a late deficit to win.  Good to see that one team was able to utilize his skills properly.

Separately, I am watching one of our top head coaching prospects guide Baylor in the Sugar Bowl this evening.  November will be here before you know it....

• Haha 1