Those No Longer With Us

Mavric

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Not even UTSA. P5 -> FCS.

No offense, but there is a big difference between SA Texas and Nebraska.  

Food, weather, diversity, culture.  And this is where he grew up.

Nebraska wanted him, got him, sat him, bypassed him.  So he went back home.  Maybe he will enjoy playing college football at Incarnate Word, be close to home, with friends and fam at the games.  Sure the competition won't be the same as the Big Ten in the midwest, but this is college football regardless.  And Cameron Ward did pretty good there too.

Wishing R Torres all the best and lots of success!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

@admo I mean yeah, if you want to play college football in San Antonio, wouldn't UTSA be the first pick? Going from a major P5 program to playing in an FCS stadium smaller than what most San Antonio high schools have is a pretty big drop, I'd say.

But then again, Torres was a reach in the first place, so...

• TBH 1

14 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Canes ranked 96th in rushing offense last year.  For perspective Nebraska ranked 100th.  

Having said that I'm happy for AA.

3rd string RB transfers from a poor rushing offense. Canes fans gotta be pumped. Especially being a state loaded with talent. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Not genuine. No accountability 

sounds about right the last 5 yrs 

and I was a huge Frost backer 

shows what we think we know v what is actually going on behind closed doors. 
But the onfield results and W/L confirms what he is saying  

Yep. 
but mine own desire for it to work under him clouded the obvious 

22 six point losses (give or take) kept me circled in and thinking we were <—————> this close to having success. 
slightly  eye opening to hear it out loud. Sounds like once he left (Domann) he realized it too. 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, I am I said:

Not genuine. No accountability 

sounds about right the last 5 yrs 

and I was a huge Frost backer 

shows what we think we know v what is actually going on behind closed doors. 
But the onfield results and W/L confirms what he is saying  

The one rumor that always got me was being late to practice and missing meetings.  I never understood how this was even possible at that level.  

If there was any shred of truth to this, I find it likely that there was also sub par effort on preparation and planning.

• TBH 3
8 hours ago, I am I said:

Yep. 
but mine own desire for it to work under him clouded the obvious 

22 six point losses (give or take) kept me circled in and thinking we were <—————> this close to having success. 
slightly  eye opening to hear it out loud. Sounds like once he left (Domann) he realized it too. 

The sad thing is, with a HC not giving 100% to the effort, the rest of the organization had that many losses by one score or less.  And, many of them were to pretty good teams.  Imagine if the HC was putting in the effort that he should have been and the team was prepared the way they should have been from that effort.

It's all very frustrating.  And, hopefully we now have that fixed.  I think we do.

• Plus1 1