Those No Longer With Us

Mavric

23 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh .... "never wanted to leave" =/= "forced to leave"

He could have "never wanted to leave" but thought he had to leave when we said we were going to bring someone else in.

Could be. That's the 'nice' reading. But not the only possibility. Could be something more like "enthusiastically encouraged to pursue other opportunities". I mean obviously Rhule came in and did a lot of housecleaning, do you honestly think all of them were voluntary?

• TBH 1
11 minutes ago, Toe said:

Could be. That's the 'nice' reading. But not the only possibility. Could be something more like "enthusiastically encouraged to pursue other opportunities". I mean obviously Rhule came in and did a lot of housecleaning, do you honestly think all of them were voluntary?

Were they all voluntary?  I'm sure not.  

Did he ditch the returning started at QB before he ever saw him take a snap?  That seems pretty unlikely.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, Toe said:

Why would he do that s when every coach knows players get injured?  It’s not like CT ever acted like a cancer. He could have had Sims and CT on the roster and available. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
17 hours ago, Toe said:

Interesting...

I took his comment at face value.  Not even bothered how it all went down, because it's history and nobody really knows but CT. 

The guy gave his best here.  Practice, weight room, playbook, and with classes.  He represented the University well.  Helped Trey Palmer get drafted with downfield passing. 

I wish him all the best.  I feel bad he got injured (here and at FAU).  

And even more perspective, like many members here on the board, Casey Thompson is a Nebraska grad.  He got his Masters Degree from UNL.  So yeah, he's a Husker and will always be a Husker.  

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 4