What will the game result be?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Rutgers single digit win
    • Rutgers double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2022 at 07:20 PM

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Really.  Basically in yr. 2

Considering this guy’s forte was signing transfers and junior college players and gave them to Mech together he hasn’t done that in two years. Sort of makes you wonderConsidering this guy’s forte was signing transfers and junior college players and gave them to Mech together he hasn’t done that in two years. Sort of makes you wonder

• Plus1 1

If you're a D1 player, who isn't a legit 5...these words shouldn't be true:  "nothing good happens when he puts the ball on the floor."  That is lat Mayan.

He is so bad, too slow to be a wing, to small to be a post, to slow of a shot to be consistent in a game, terrible defender.

Verge is a great one on one player, but that's about it.

We have at least 3 defensive liabilities on the floor at all times.  

We make awful decisions with the ball in our hands way too often.

There are so many other things...ugh.

• Plus1 2

I just don't have the words to describe how disappointing this team has been.

They have too many "great" shooters who can't shoot.  Wilcher 37.7%, Webster @ 36.6% & Tominaga @ 33.7% are the only ones who even shoot at a rate that is acceptable.  Every other player shouldn't be shooting 3's.

They have too many players who are out to "get theirs".  Verge is the biggest example, but Bryce McGowens does the same thing.  At various times Tominaga, Wilcher & Webster have hunted shots too.

Their post players are all undersized.  I like Walker, but in the B1G a 6' 9" post won't cut it.  Andre has a lot of potential but needs to get stronger.  He's got the right length but gets pushed around too easily.  He also looks really awkward with the ball in his hands.

They, in theory, have a couple of stretch 4's but Mayan is shooting 21.6% from three, is a horrible ball handler and doesn't rebound.  Breidenbach, before he was injured, had a lot of the same issues, but I'll give him a bit of a break since he is a freshman.  At the very least he hustled when he was on the floor, he looked like a bull in a China shop many times, but at least he gave effort.  I'm not sure to say about Lakes, he was clearly a great D2 player, but the move to D1 seems to have been too big of a leap.

There are some people that say Trey McGowens will solve some of the issues, but he's not going to fix the 3-point shooting.  His presence might solve the lack of hustle, but I'm not convinced.  He's also not going to be a savior for all their rebounding issues or lack of mental toughness.

Keon Edwards hasn't played enough to give a reasonable assessment, but there's probably a reason he's not playing.  He's played more than Lakes (81 minutes vs 72), but has made no impression while he's been out there.