Bill Busch Named Special Teams Coordinator

It’s good he named the guy but why wait all this time when he’s been there all along?  If Frost was trying to get somebody else instead, that is not reassuring that he couldn’t get his guy.  Now, Frost had to at least admit Special Teams is worthy of a coach.  So will Frost actually let Busch have enough practice time and quality players to put good results out there?   That’s the ultimate measure.   
These coaches are all paid extremely well and have nothing but time year around to get things done.  It’s long overdue and the players and fans alike are owed Frost’s best effort. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It’s good he named the guy but why wait all this time when he’s been there all along?  If Frost was trying to get somebody else instead, that is not reassuring that he couldn’t get his guy.  Now, Frost had to at least admit Special Teams is worthy of a coach.  So will Frost actually let Busch have enough practice time and quality players to put good results out there?   That’s the ultimate measure.   
These coaches are all paid extremely well and have nothing but time year around to get things done.  It’s long overdue and the players and fans alike are owed Frost’s best effort. 

Busch was still being paid by LSU. Might as well let that contract run out before signing a new one.

• Plus1 5

11 hours ago, Cdn Blackshirt Two said:

I thought I read that we were potentially going to more 4-man fronts which could mean your DL coach [Dawson] now looks after (4) players on field, leaving only 2 or 3 LB's for (1) LB coach [Ruud], depending on if we're 4-3 or Nickel....

I could see that. Primarily because a 4 man front is more effective against nearly half of our schedule than a 3 man front is. When we aren't I could see Chins taking responsibility with Busch backing him up.

Now put your top players on ST and make the unit an actual factor in games. No more backups and walk-ons manning special teams. 

I think it was DeJon Gomes who tweeted this past season after yet another ST debacle that if he was a Blackshirt he'd be in the coach's office demanding to be on Special Teams. 

I don't know if the coaches are keeping the top players off ST or the players don't want to do it, but that has to change. 

• Plus1 5
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Bill Busch Named Special Teams Coordinator