SIGNED - RB Ajay Allen

24 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Agreed. Mo had better top end speed but Allen looks to be better in the short area. He's better put together as well.

No one really knows what his 40 time is. But it appears he doesn’t get caught from behind, so he is at the very least fast enough.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Agreed. Mo had better top end speed but Allen looks to be better in the short area. He's better put together as well.

+1, Allen looks to lack some top end speed to put it away after he breaks out. That, or he's just even more cocky than he already appears and he runs slow on purpose lol. Half of his runs are him turning around at the 30 and starting to slow down. 

Hey, I'll take some RB confidence. 

2 hours ago, Pedro G said:

No one really knows what his 40 time is. But it appears he doesn’t get caught from behind, so he is at the very least fast enough.  

It'd be willing to bet if he gets in the open field,  which his short area ability will help, he's doing a lot of damage.

28 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

+1, Allen looks to lack some top end speed to put it away after he breaks out. That, or he's just even more cocky than he already appears and he runs slow on purpose lol. Half of his runs are him turning around at the 30 and starting to slow down. 

Hey, I'll take some RB confidence. 

I think he has enough. Most of the battle is finding creases and making 2nd level defenders miss, and I think that's where he's stronger than many of our recent RB recruits.

• Plus1 1
On 2/2/2022 at 2:22 PM, Treand3 said:

I think he has enough. Most of the battle is finding creases and making 2nd level defenders miss, and I think that's where he's stronger than many of our recent RB recruits.

Even Wondel isn’t  that good cutting in small spaces. He has to be at full speed to make a defender miss. I notice that when he seem to never elude defenders closing on him on short passes. But with that said, he turned into a great big-play threat for Kentucky. I just don’t think he was coached and utilized well with the Huskers. 

8 hours ago, Pedro G said:

Even Wondel isn’t  that good cutting in small spaces. He has to be at full speed to make a defender miss. I notice that when he seem to never elude defenders closing on him on short passes. But with that said, he turned into a great big-play threat for Kentucky. I just don’t think he was coached and utilized well with the Huskers. 

Wan'Dale shouldn't have been used as a RB as much as he was. He was best suited playing out of the slot with an occasional backfield carry imo.

• Plus1 1
On 2/2/2022 at 2:22 PM, Treand3 said:

I agree and he's put together well enough that he should be able to come in and compete day 1.  From what I remember Ameer didn't have great top end speed either and he turned out ok for us. 

• Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - RB Ajay Allen