SIGNED - RB Ajay Allen

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would much rather have an RB that lacks a little top end speed but makes up for it with quickness in small spaces.  I'm tired of seeing our RBs run into the back of blockers when there's open field to one side or the other.

Agreed.  That is a special talent our RB's seem to possess and can't get coached out of.  My guess is it's a combo of OL blocking and "sense" as the play is developing.

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

Agreed.  That is a special talent our RB's seem to possess and can't get coached out of.  My guess is it's a combo of OL blocking and "sense" as the play is developing.

Vision is something many of our backs havent seemed to have lately. I think Yant has decent vision and I think Ajay Allen has very high level vision. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 11:50 AM, admo said:

Big time get.  Exciting player.  Nice job Applewhite

Man that room is filled up.  Unfortunately for some, the writing is on the wall for them.  Will likely see some attrition happening.

I agree, but I think it is not unfortunate but a good thing. I think we will se a legit #1 back with 1 or 2 guys spelling him. This every week a different guy gets the start and nobody is ever able to get into a rhythm or gain confidence because he's only getting to start sporadically is hopefully done. The best RB's will play, no more committee RBs anymore

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

I agree, but I think it is not unfortunate but a good thing. I think we will se a legit #1 back with 1 or 2 guys spelling him. This every week a different guy gets the start and nobody is ever able to get into a rhythm or gain confidence because he's only getting to start sporadically is hopefully done. The best RB's will play, no more committee RBs anymore

So ... like last year when only injuries changed who the starter was.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - RB Ajay Allen