Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

Just a couple thoughts.

Thompson isn't very big. Just so that "run the damn ball" guy understands, you probably can't use him like Martinez was used (maybe that's obvious). I assume this was the plan though with Whipple at the helm.

But the good news is, he's a pass-first guy. In 2021 he had 24 TDs & 11 INTs. His completion percentage in 2021 was 63.2% (Martinez's was 61.8% this year).

I've been saying that this is what Frost's scheme has needed for two years now. Excited about this.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Undone said:

Just a couple thoughts.

Thompson isn't very big. Just so that "run the damn ball" guy understands, you probably can't use him like Martinez was used (maybe that's obvious). I assume this was the plan though with Whipple at the helm.

But the good news is, he's a pass-first guy. In 2021 he had 24 TDs & 11 INTs. His completion percentage in 2021 was 63.2% (Martinez's was 61.8% this year).

I've been saying that this is what Frost's scheme has needed for two years now. Excited about this.

Yep, the option isn't going to be much of a thing moving forward.  Backs run the ball, QBs throw the ball, as it should be.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I think Thompson is quite a bit better than a lot of people might realize.  He injured his throwing hand rather severely during the Oklahoma game and still led the Big XII in TD passes on the season.

I've said it before, but he is immediately #2 in the big ten, only behind CJ Stroud.

Will need some help with the offensive line though, like anybody else would.  I just love his quick release, his accuracy is pretty darn good, and strong arm.  He also gets rid of the ball right away and will throw to the spot, as oppose to waiting for someone to get open and wave their arms up and down lol.

I am not saying he doesn't have flaws.  All qbs do.  But he was a fan fav at Texas even before he started this past season.  Another great kid, with confidence and skills.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson