Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I hope Smothers stays.  We need a minimum of 3 capable QBs.  He has plenty of head start on all the competition.  Thompson may be ‘All that’ but we don’t know.  Whipple will put the best operator on the field, not just the best athlete.  Imo.  

News flash, Thompson is going to start in 2022, unless Chubba Purdy also transfers to NU and is able to beat him out.  Nobody has any head start with Whipple, but Thompson's experience and QB skills give him the clear advantage going into 2022.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

News flash, Thompson is going to start in 2022, unless Chubba Purdy also transfers to NU and is able to beat him out.  Nobody has any head start with Whipple, but Thompson's experience and QB skills give him the clear advantage going into 2022.

So Whipple said this ?   Or just your assumption or wishful thinking?  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

News flash, if purdy comes here he will be the project for what nebraska wants to run.  Thompson will be competing with logan to run this offense as it transitions..

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Smothers needs to stay. Not just because we need more experience at the QB position, but I still think he can maybe win the starting position. He looked good enough  against Iowa, that with more practice time, who knows. 

I don't  know if he will fit in with what Whipple,  wants to install. I guess will find out. 

GBR!!!

• Fire 1
24 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

Smothers needs to stay. Not just because we need more experience at the QB position, but I still think he can maybe win the starting position. He looked good enough  against Iowa, that with more practice time, who knows. 

I don't  know if he will fit in with what Whipple,  wants to install. I guess will find out. 

GBR!!!

Logan isn’t beating out Thompsen. That’s like Mr. Ed hoping to outrace secretariat. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m a little distraught that some people seemingly can’t differentiate the obvious gap betweenThompson’s skills and experience vs the little bit we have actually seen of Smothers. Nothing against Logan but come on, Thompson is clearly the leader in that comparison. And it doesn’t matter if it’s Whipple’s or Frost’s or whoever’s offense. As of now CT is the one to beat out for the job. And if we also land Purdy, then Smothers clearly scoots on down the bench another place. It’s just what it is.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson