Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I never said any of that, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.  I was responding to a post where it said that Smothers had a leg up on the competition, because he's been at NU. Whipple is the new guy in charge, so he may have met Smothers in recent weeks and gotten feedback from Frost, Whipple has a long relationship with the Purdys. That's why he's recruiting Chubba so hard. 

I highlighted where you said  Purdy has a distinct advantage over Logan BECAUSE of the relationship Whipple has with Purdy's family....  seems like that is EXACTLY what you were saying...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

Kid from Western Iowa?  

As I don't follow recruiting, do guys we grab from the portal goto our rankings?  

I think Glantz is Bellevue West. Same as Betts and Keagan Johnson (Iowa) and Ducker (portal)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

For the people that think Smothers will transfer...Do you think he will be able to walk into a situation better than where he is? I think his options are, walk into a P5 situation much like Nebraska, or go to a group of 5 where he will be the guy. I think he will transfer only when (if) he see's his name below Purdy on the depth chart. 

I think he would become another hot commodity in the transfer portal because that's how it's been going. I can see us ending up in the exact same position as we were with Martinez. 
I guess I've been out of the loop the last 4 hours and 15 minutes....did Purdy say he was coming here? I can't see Purdy making that decision with Thompson committing, but what do I know.

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

think he would become another hot commodity in the transfer portal because that's how it's been going.

Oh, I think he would definitely have options, but they'd be like Chubba's options. Go to a P5 school to compete for the back-up job and be the next guy at QB. Also he and his fam like Frost, so I think if he feels like he's the guy after Thompson he will stay, if he feels like Chubba (or whoever) is gonna be the guy after Thompson - that's when he pulls the trigger on transferring. Just my thought. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

For the people that think Smothers will transfer...Do you think he will be able to walk into a situation better than where he is? I think his options are, walk into a P5 situation much like Nebraska, or go to a group of 5 where he will be the guy. I think he will transfer only when (if) he see's his name below Purdy on the depth chart. 

I agree with this but my ingrained negativity fears he may jump sooner than that if the right opportunity presents itself. I guess I expect the worst because of him not getting the ball sooner in numerous situations where 2AM should have been shown the bench. If a fan can recognize Frost’s lack of faith in him I’m sure he senses it as well.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Oh, I think he would definitely have options, but they'd be like Chubba's options. Go to a P5 school to compete for the back-up job and be the next guy at QB. Also he and his fam like Frost, so I think if he feels like he's the guy after Thompson he will stay, if he feels like Chubba (or whoever) is gonna be the guy after Thompson - that's when he pulls the trigger on transferring. Just my thought. 

If I got a vibe from the new OC that everybody else was special, I'd be looking for maybe a lower tier school where I could look like Eric Crouch. 
Is Purdy coming here?

5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

If I got a vibe from the new OC that everybody else was special, I'd be looking for maybe a lower tier school where I could look like Eric Crouch. 
Is Purdy coming here?

Sipple made it sound like it was a done deal with Purdy. Yeah I wouldn't see surprised to see Smothers be shredding the Sun Belt to end his career. Also wouldn't be shocked if he ends up the guy here. I definitely respect Smothers attitude. He doesn't seem like a dude that constantly needed his ego stoked like the McCaffrey fam. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Sipple made it sound like it was a done deal with Purdy. Yeah I wouldn't see surprised to see Smothers be shredding the Sun Belt to end his career. Also wouldn't be shocked if he ends up the guy here. I definitely respect Smothers attitude. He doesn't seem like a dude that constantly needed his ego stoked like the McCaffrey fam. 

I agree with your post. I respect Smothers and he isn’t man ego guy. I just think he will move in soon. If we specifically went after 2 qbs, one to play immediately and another guy, hand selected by our new OC, who is young. If he waits until after Spring, he is basically forfeiting his chance to realistic chance to start for another team next year. I can’t see him reading the writing on on the wall here and then waiting to jump, only to know you will watch from the sideline again. Not in today’s world of college football 

41 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I guess I've been out of the loop the last 4 hours and 15 minutes....did Purdy say he was coming here? I can't see Purdy making that decision with Thompson committing, but what do I know.

They're in different classes. Purdy has four years of eligibility remaining. Thompson has two years, and if he has a good year will probably leave after just one. Purdy has said he's OK with that.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree with this but my ingrained negativity fears he may jump sooner than that if the right opportunity presents itself. I guess I expect the worst because of him not getting the ball sooner in numerous situations where 2AM should have been shown the bench. If a fan can recognize Frost’s lack of faith in him I’m sure he senses it as well.

One thing you are missing... He knows why he wasn't given the opportunities sooner.  The onus was on him.  I don't know what he will do for sure but if he leaves, I don't think it will be for those reasons.

• Plus1 1