Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

Tim Beck obviously coached him very well and helped make him into a pro-style QB with good running ability. There are not many of those. Frost QB coach did a terrible job with AM, who never was that comfortable in the pocket. AM got impatient and was worried about taking a hit, besides not being able to quickly see the whole field. CT is able to stay in the pocket and quickly see the field and quickly releases the ball. CT isn’t worried about taking a hit. If you saw the Kurt Warner movie, his HS coach taught him to stay in the pocket and not be afraid to take a hit. 

26 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Tim Beck obviously coached him very well and helped make him into a pro-style QB with good running ability. There are not many of those. Frost QB coach did a terrible job with AM, who never was that comfortable in the pocket. AM got impatient and was worried about taking a hit, besides not being able to quickly see the whole field. CT is able to stay in the pocket and quickly see the field and quickly releases the ball. CT isn’t worried about taking a hit. If you saw the Kurt Warner movie, his HS coach taught him to stay in the pocket and not be afraid to take a hit. 

How did Tim Beck get into this discussion?  EDIT - I see Beck was his QB coach at Texas thru 2020.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

This is a great video on Casey Thompson. Go give this guy a like.

I am optimistic that we have 3 things needed to have a successful season in the passing game.  A QB who actually appears to be a QB who can make reads, throw to a spot and hit guys in stride, a competent OC who can teach/develop said QB and a WR coach who can develop and coach.  

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, lo country said:

I am optimistic that we have 3 things needed to have a successful season in the passing game.  A QB who actually appears to be a QB who can make reads, throw to a spot and hit guys in stride, a competent OC who can teach/develop said QB and a WR coach who can develop and coach.  

Don't forget about o-line who will allow are qb time to throw and open holes for our rbs.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Good article and interview with Beck.  Not gonna lie, Beck left me twisted a lot with his play calling, but watching him from OSU, to UT and NC State, he has really improved.  Wouldn't have been a bad OC here.  

Didn't realize Thompson is 23.  That'll be a plus in the locker room.  Seems like he just wants to play.  I like that.  very determined and driven.  A coach in the field.  Unsure how much coaching AM did TBH, but seems like Thompson is a student of the game.  

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

As long as frost doesn't call plays or does any coaching Nebraska may make a bowl next year! 

Haha I have to agree.  I really don't think Whipple signed up to be coordinator in name only.  And I don't think Thompson signed up to run anyone's offense but Whipple's.

I know there's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip but it's really difficult to not feel better about the season ahead with Thompson's commitment.