Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Unless things change drastically on the OL whoever is our QB is going to struggle. Although AM had his faults he saved our bacon countless times with his escapability.

Nebraska position review: Offensive line.

And this is why some fans have been saying that, even though 2AM had just faults, he was no where close to the main reason why our offense struggled at times. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

The O line needs a lot of fixing and upgrading. No doubt Raiola has the toughest job to do.  This is absolutely why Frost must recruit recruit and recruit the line positions, both sides.  He is still 5 or 6 short.  Need a solid 3 deep capable across all five spots.  I don’t see near that number.  First and second priority to make the offense viable.  

• Haha 1

The guy did his homework on us...

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-too-good-to-turn-down-for-qb-transfer-casey-thompson

One interesting tidbit:

As for the Huskers offense and NU's coaching staff, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound quarterback liked what he saw from Whipple's passing game film and Frost's run game when it comes to quarterback.

Is this implying that's what the plan for the offense is going forward: Whipple's passing game and Frost's running game?

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Some good and some not so good questions in here:

Very good interview.  Seems like the type of guy that could be a very good leader on the team.

11 hours ago, Toe said:

Is this implying that's what the plan for the offense is going forward: Whipple's passing game and Frost's running game?

I hope so.

• Plus1 1

On 1/15/2022 at 1:17 PM, 84HuskerLaw said:

The O line needs a lot of fixing and upgrading. No doubt Raiola has the toughest job to do.  This is absolutely why Frost must recruit recruit and recruit the line positions, both sides.  He is still 5 or 6 short.  Need a solid 3 deep capable across all five spots.  I don’t see near that number.  First and second priority to make the offense viable.  

A solid 3 deep capable across all 5 spots? That’ll happen :lol:

JFC, 4 of the 5 starters would be an improvement.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
58 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

A solid 3 deep capable across all 5 spots? That’ll happen :lol:

JFC, 4 of the 5 starters would be an improvement.

He is living in the days of no scholarship limits...  Even Alabama struggles to keep 3 deep at every position.  

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

He is living in the days of no scholarship limits...  Even Alabama struggles to keep 3 deep at every position.  

Yep which is why you hope you have a couple OL who can play both inside and out on your two deep cuz you will probably need them at some point over the season. 

5 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Dude is taking ownership of the position. Gotta love that. I'm thinking there won't be too much confusion on whose job that is, on day one of spring ball...

Let's get it roll'n. I'm just tired of all the talk and inferior performance. It's time to PLAY at a high level.