Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

18 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Let's get it roll'n. I'm just tired of all the talk and inferior performance. It's time to PLAY at a high level. 

Actually it's the start of the offseason...  It's time to over analyze everything and make unrealistic predictions based on many players and coaches who don't have a single game under their belt at Nebraska.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Actually it's the start of the offseason...  It's time to over analyze everything and make unrealistic predictions based on many players and coaches who don't have a single game under their belt at Nebraska.   

That's true. You're spot on about that!

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Well, all the changes gives us more reason to be hopeful/optimistic than if there weren't changes at all.  

• Plus1 2

we have recruited a guy who may not even be healed enough to play this spring., just like Stepp, we are rolling the dice with a questionable player, (Thompson)

that's probably why Purdy signed on and Smothers has not gone to the portal yet.

anyway, the QB room is going to be too damn full, expect 2-3 guys will transfer this spring or fall.

funny how the press wants to give the job to Thompson so soon.

2 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

we have recruited a guy who may not even be healed enough to play this spring., just like Stepp, we are rolling the dice with a questionable player, (Thompson)

that's probably why Purdy signed on and Smothers has not gone to the portal yet.

anyway, the QB room is going to be too damn full, expect 2-3 guys will transfer this spring or fall.

We aren't rolling the dice with him because we have Purdy and Smothers.  Rolling the dice would be having him and nobody else.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

A lot of cringe here but the piece de resistance is “the QB room is going to be too damn full”. :lol:  I cannot believe anyone would possibly be concerned about having too many QBs. Yeah, a couple may hit the portal…so what?

I have said this before here but it speaks to the reality of college football. It was either the first or second year of the Frost Era. The S and C coach was quoted as saying to the group of kids in for weight lifting. He said “ It’s my job to make you a stronger better football player but it’s the coaches job to recruit over you.” We have seen that happen in the last month. New coaches and better recruiters with a sense of urgency have found arguably better players than we had. Now it’s up to last years players to learn the new playbook, get stronger and faster and show they are serious about competing. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

watched all his plays from the Texas v TCU game.  you could have told me it was 2am playing and I wouldn't argue with you (except for his throws to the sideline, screen/outlet.  they were much better looking.).

Oh.  His 3rd college start, against TCU?   Tough crowd.

You are talking about the game against TCU, which was after he threw 5 TDs in his 2nd college start against Texas Tech....And then threw another 5 TDs in a game, after TCU, in his 4th college start against Oklahoma? 

Just trying to figure out which 2AM game you are comparing CT to.  Is it 2AM's 3rd career start as well?  or, maybe referencing 2AM's 2nd season... or 3rd or 4th year, or his entire career....?  :dunno

I don't think a QB's 3rd game, first time on the road, is comparable to another QB's body of work over 4 years. 

1 hour ago, admo said:

Just trying to figure out which 2AM game you are comparing CT to.  Is it 2AM's 3rd career start as well?  or, maybe referencing 2AM's 2nd season... or 3rd or 4th year, or his entire career....?  :dunno

Don't think he's referring to any specific game, and I think that's pretty obvious.

• Plus1 1