Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

6 hours ago, admo said:

Oh.  His 3rd college start, against TCU?   Tough crowd.

You are talking about the game against TCU, which was after he threw 5 TDs in his 2nd college start against Texas Tech....And then threw another 5 TDs in a game, after TCU, in his 4th college start against Oklahoma? 

Just trying to figure out which 2AM game you are comparing CT to.  Is it 2AM's 3rd career start as well?  or, maybe referencing 2AM's 2nd season... or 3rd or 4th year, or his entire career....?  :dunno

I don't think a QB's 3rd game, first time on the road, is comparable to another QB's body of work over 4 years. 

I watched more after that.  I really wasn't bashing him or 2AM.    Made good throws, made bad throws.  Had good runs. Took some sacks.  Also 2AM would look better I think if he had the WR's at Texas.  They turned more short passes into long plays than Nebraska's.  RB's were much better doing something with swing passes as well.  That could be due to better passes as well. 

• Thanks 1

The only other school he seriously considered was Oklahoma but he felt that Gabriel was probably promised the starting job based on how that went down.

He hasn't thrown since his last game at Texas.  It was bothering him so much late in the season he wants to make sure it heals and will have the Husker medical staff check it out.  Not expected to affect his availability for spring ball.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

The only other school he seriously considered was Oklahoma but he felt that Gabriel was probably promised the starting job based on how that went down.

He hasn't thrown since his last game at Texas.  It was bothering him so much late in the season he wants to make sure it heals and will have the Husker medical staff check it out.  Not expected to affect his availability for spring ball.

I don't get the concern for Thompson's hand being an issue into next season or even Spring practice.  It was basically a severely sprained thumb that needed rest to heal.  Thompson probably shouldn't have been playing the last half of the season for Texas, but he did what he could to help out the team.  It was also an injury that didn't need surgery or rehab.  It's just something that needs to rest, heal, and have the swelling come down.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't get the concern for Thompson's hand being an issue into next season or even Spring practice.  It was basically a severely sprained thumb that needed rest to heal.  Thompson probably shouldn't have been playing the last half of the season for Texas, but he did what he could to help out the team.  It was also an injury that didn't need surgery or rehab.  It's just something that needs to rest, heal, and have the swelling come down.

Said he hasnt thrown a football for 8 weeks. I would imagine a few more weeks rest and rehab and he should be ready to sling that mutha 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If it was just a severe sprain and not a bunch of torn ligs or such thing, it ought to heal up.  I suppose if his hands are particularly small, it could be a long term grip type / fatigue deal that reoccurs?   I doubt that is the issue.  Not unusual to get a hand between a couple helmets or something.  That happened to me once and was very very painful but not lasting.  I was never a great passing QB and even tell my coach at all.  I wanted to play.  I had more trouble when fielding deep snaps (I punted too) and catching punts or hard throws etc.  my injury may have been completely different of course.  

Lol Most painful injury was a hard helmet hit directly into the “groinal organs” which was not funny at the time and I thot I may have suddenly become eligible to play on the girls VB team!!   

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I watched more after that.  I really wasn't bashing him or 2AM.    Made good throws, made bad throws.  Had good runs. Took some sacks.  Also 2AM would look better I think if he had the WR's at Texas.  They turned more short passes into long plays than Nebraska's.  RB's were much better doing something with swing passes as well.  That could be due to better passes as well. 

Ahh, gotcha.  No worries.  :thumbs

8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

ok, doc.

6 hours ago, TheSker said:

Damn.....I knew his turnovers were bad....but damn.

Taylor Martinez

44 games played

87 TD's

47 Fumbles (13 lost)

29 INT's

"Lost" the ball a total of 76 time sin his 4 year career 

2012 NU was dead last in the B1G with 35 give aways

And we still won 9+ every year...Man what could of been.  Of the TO's NU had those year, almost half resulted in TD's.....