Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Dam right!   In fact, I’d teach the entire athletics department about ‘loose lips’ sinking 747s over the Atlantic. Run em all til they puke 15 or 20 times.  Arrrgh!  

Thats not funny at all or your joking right???? Even if you are joking can you only imagine being the janitor and having to clean up that mess. That's not being sanitary.

• Haha 1

At the end of the day the biggest thing that I thought was missing from Adrian's game was confidence.  You could see his swagger come out in small glimpses in certain games but honestly it seemed like his confidence waned the longer he was here.  Watching the Minnesota game I remember Tanner Morgan running up and down the sidelines getting his team hyped after a touchdown and admired how those guys really seemed to rally around him. After that I specifically watched AM after scores in various games and he often just jogged over and stood on the sideline and it started to stand out to me more and more.. I hope that's what Thompson can bring to the table as much as anything is just some confidence and energy that brings other guys up. Along with some of the new transfers like Trey Palmer and god forbid if Fidone could stay healthy I'd love to see us get some swagger back on the offensive side of the ball.

• Plus1 4

12 hours ago, swmohusker said:

As a coach I cringe hearing a player talk about what they have been preparing for with the media (even front). Personnel is fine but talking about what coverages you have been working against and what base front you are expecting is too much to share. NW has a week to tweak plans or it reinforces the wrinkles they have been practicing. Like Illini coming out in the a different front than what we practiced against all camp and us being lost last year. Nit picking, but it is nice to se he has a basic knowledge of his opponent. 

Listening to it, he really didn't say much other than what anyone who knows football can get from watching a few games.  He said enough to show he's been studying film and knows the defense.  But, I don't think he really gave anything away that NW isn't expecting him to already know.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, swmohusker said:

As a coach I cringe hearing a player talk about what they have been preparing for with the media (even front). Personnel is fine but talking about what coverages you have been working against and what base front you are expecting is too much to share. NW has a week to tweak plans or it reinforces the wrinkles they have been practicing. Like Illini coming out in the a different front than what we practiced against all camp and us being lost last year. Nit picking, but it is nice to se he has a basic knowledge of his opponent. 

Meh.  I remember Michele Tafoya, on the sideline of the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, reporting Steve Spurrier and FLA were drawing up new formations and plays the night before the game.  New schemes that close to a game, especially based upon what a player states in a presser, won't be effective.  Execution > scheme.

I say non-issue.  NW is going to play to their strengths and try to beat us.  I think they'll fail.

• Plus1 1

Yeah not a big deal. I'm sure they have a lot of tweaks/adjustments/tendency breakers, but NW is one of the more consistent defense out there - it's no secret what they do. The only interesting tidbit I thought was he mentioned #11(AJ Hampton) in their secondary "played corner last year" - as far as I can tell there hasn't been any news of him switching positions, but wondering if we expect him to take Brandon Joseph's spot at Safety. Could just be random phrasing that I'm reading into too much though.

https://youtu.be/G7Z2HYLGdqk This is NOT WHAT is going to happen this year from our new qb. I guarantee that!!!!! Not the interception but throwing into double coverage. I studied the play a bunch of times the wide receiver had no chance for the ball. You can say the defender made a great catch but even still that ball shouldn't have never been thrown in the first place. Those things won't happen.