Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

57 minutes ago, Farms said:

I’ve made numerous comments that Casey didn’t look the same in the second half. He couldn’t throw a spiral and there was a night and day difference in his accuracy. Casey is obviously a tough kid as he played a whole season at Texas with an injured thumb but Purdy is a capable back up I hope if he’s not 100% he makes it known. Here you can see he obviously he seems to avoid taking a high five after his big scramble play.

this would be such a Nebraska thing over the last decade.  How'd he get hurt?  oh his lineman slapped his newly repaired thumb.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

this would be such a Nebraska thing over the last decade.  How'd he get hurt?  oh his lineman slapped his newly repaired thumb.  

I know what you’re saying. But for the record I’m not saying this is how he got hurt rather it shows that something may have been bothering him as this looks kind of awkward. 

24 minutes ago, Farms said:

I know what you’re saying. But for the record I’m not saying this is how he got hurt rather it shows that something may have been bothering him as this looks kind of awkward. 

someone had mentioned he didn't look right or his accuracy was off after the play were he some how forgot how to run and missed the ground and fell down.  

I saw so many quick decisions made immediately by Casey that I have not seen from previous Husker quarterbacks.

Pretty sure with previous QB's, they would have held the ball, scrambled out of the pocket, picked up a few yards running for their life, or lobbed it out of bounds.

If you did not notice the NW pressure (it was there), it is because of Casey's ability to see it, anticipate it, and get rid of it to a spot - for the TE or WR to make the play.  

I am very impressed.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Farms said:

I’ve made numerous comments that Casey didn’t look the same in the second half. He couldn’t throw a spiral and there was a night and day difference in his accuracy. Casey is obviously a tough kid as he played a whole season at Texas with an injured thumb but Purdy is a capable back up I hope if he’s not 100% he makes it known. Here you can see he obviously he seems to avoid taking a high five after his big scramble play.

I'm not ruling out an injury.  A couple of throws in the second half came out ... just ... weird. 

But that video shows absolutely nothing.

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not ruling out an injury.  A couple of throws in the second half came out ... just ... weird. 

But that video shows absolutely nothing.

Just to be clear I wasn’t saying that’s where he got injured, I think some people misunderstood that. I was only pointing out the way he avoided the five and clinching his hand looked awkward to me like he was avoiding it but he may do that all the time just for a simple reason like not wanting to slap sweaty hands. 

15 hours ago, Farms said:

Just to be clear I wasn’t saying that’s where he got injured, I think some people misunderstood that. I was only pointing out the way he avoided the five and clinching his hand looked awkward to me like he was avoiding it but he may do that all the time just for a simple reason like not wanting to slap sweaty hands. 

I realize that.  It may have been because he was injured.  It may not have been.  It doesn't really show anything either way.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Not gonna lie.  That's a lot worse than I thought he looked in games.  Maybe I have become numb to NU QB play.....Not in bad company if you look at the teams that are usually wining the West in Iowa and Wisky:D  

I think picks are killing him. He's played pretty average, with glimpses of being really good.

• Plus1 1