Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

1 minute ago, admo said:

He wasn't perfect, missed the TD in the endzone, and the INT was a bad throw and great play by the defense.  But this loss is on the defense and OLine that cannot run block or pass block.  

Ya, I actually feel like we owe him an apology for bringing him in. He'd put up Heisman numbers with a decent o-line. He's money and a hell of a baller, never complains, never blames. I'm sure glad he's here and hope he considers another year if we can scheme a way to get him an o-line. I'd love to see him have a chance at the season should be having. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, admo said:

Hmmm. 

No room for error I suppose. 

Guess if the Husker defense never gets off the field..... blame the QB

Guess if the Huskers can't pass protect or run block..... blame the QB

When 37 points on the road isn't acceptable.... blame the QB

He wasn't perfect, missed the TD in the endzone, and the INT was a bad throw and great play by the defense.  But this loss is on the defense and OLine that cannot run block or pass block.  

Kinda like a QB we had the previous 4 years. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Kinda like a QB we had the previous 4 years. 

There are a lot of similarities between Martinez and Thompson. However in situations when we needed Martinez to drive and win the game, i had practically no confidence in him doing so. I always expected a terrible pick or untimely fumble. Right now I think I would have a lot more confidence in Thompson

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

There are a lot of similarities between Martinez and Thompson. However in situations when we needed Martinez to drive and win the game, i had practically no confidence in him doing so. I always expected a terrible pick or untimely fumble. Right now I think I would have a lot more confidence in Thompson

Just because of recency bias? CT made a bad INT when NU was trying to tie the game in the 4th quarter. CT also threw an INT against Northwestern when trying to drive NU back in the last minutes. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

If the defense could have gotten the ball back with 2+ minutes left, there’s a good chance we win that game.  

• TBH 1
40 minutes ago, admo said:

Hmmm. 

No room for error I suppose. 

Guess if the Husker defense never gets off the field..... blame the QB

Guess if the Huskers can't pass protect or run block..... blame the QB

When 37 points on the road isn't acceptable.... blame the QB

No.

It's more like:

Palmer has him beat down the sideline .... throw it out of bounds.

Grant has room in the flat ... zing it over his head.

No one within 15 yards of Brown in the end zone ... throw it into the crowd.

• Plus1 1

And I didn't even include:

Palmer has them torched down the sideline .... underthrow it by 15 yards for a pick.

Vokolek wide open on the crossing route .... underthrow it by 15 yards for a pick.

I really hope for his sake that his thumb is still screwed up.  Because he struggles to even throw a spiral.

It's not his fault that we lost tonight.  But the only reason his stats are so good is because Purdue insisted on trying to single-cover (or not cover) Palmer and he was SOOOOO wide open that Thompson just had to get it in the right area code and it was a big play.  

• Haha 1

No. 

Over the years on HB.....   4 years with 2AM, 3 1/2 years with Tommy Armstrong, and 4 years with Taylor Martinez..... and not a chirp of analyzations of the QB making bad throws.  But with CT ?? and it's become a weekly thing.  I don't get that.

CT played his tail off and threw some good passes, helping the offense account for 37 points.  Wasn't very good by any means, but the OL sucked, we couldn't run the ball, we couldn't pass protect, we couldn't stop Purdue Mockabee run for a career night, we couldn't sack O'Connell, we called strange time outs, we did not tackle well in the open field, and we punted terrible.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, admo said:

No. 

Over the years on HB.....   4 years with 2AM, 3 1/2 years with Tommy Armstrong, and 4 years with Taylor Martinez..... and not a chirp of analyzations of the QB making bad throws.  But with CT ?? and it's become a weekly thing.  I don't get that.

If you don't think I've ever criticized quarterbacks, then you haven't been paying attention.

Of course, even as terrible of a thrower as TA was, he could at least throw a spiral.

• Plus1 1

Thompson has def been missing a lot of throws but the part that has been annoying more some reason is that he just stands and takes a sack sometimes when he has a big gap to take off. And we saw tonight he clearly has some wheels. He just freezes up. They need to figure out a way to fix that so the defense has to slow down pass rush to contain and/or dedicate some coverage resources to spy him. 

• Plus1 1