Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Radio guys are saying it could be something that is fine in a day or two, or is something that lingers.  Probably have to wait until Tuesday when Mickey addresses the media next.

Thank you so much!!!!  That would be music to my ears, while giving me hope for the rest of the year.

Without him we are so totally f#&%ed

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, cuz it’s really hard to find an online broadcast or podcast/radio replay in today’s world. 

Dude you gave an update on CT's health and said radio.  Then you said it's up in the air.  Now you're talking about podcast for info. 

Why be so confusing?  Pick which side of your mouth to speak out of.  And stick with it.  Damn.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

8 hours ago, admo said:

Dude you gave an update on CT's health and said radio.  Then you said it's up in the air.  Now you're talking about podcast for info. 

Why be so confusing?  Pick which side of your mouth to speak out of.  And stick with it.  Damn.

1) I said that the guys on the radio said he’s day to day. You acted like he was cleared and going to be healthy the rest of the year.  That’s why I said I really didn’t give an update and said his status was up in the air. This morning, I saw a Tweet from Sam McKewon quoting Mickey’s post game TV show from Sunday morning that Casey could be out a while. It’s a developing situation.

2) My comments about podcasts and other things are in response to your comment about “I don’t do radio”. Well, I live in Colorado but due to the magic of smart phones, I am able to listen to radio broadcasts from Omaha, Dallas, and almost anywhere. If you really want to find things out on your own, you have the power to do so. There is a lot of information out there if you are willing to look. And if it’s on the internet, it must be true!!

UPDATE: Lots of sources taking Mickey’s comments from his Sunday coach’s show that Thompson will likely be unavailable for Minnesota. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At this point, I'm of the opinion we need to just go with Smothers and go with a heavy run game including the QB.  I didn't see anything from Smothers or Purdy that gives me confidence they can run a passing attack.....of any kind.

Between Smothers and Purdy I think I would take Smothers as well. If I think outside the box I'm going to give a shot to Matt Masker. The problem is I doubt he has thrown more than a half dozen passes in practice to any of our better receivers. Another kid who might step up is walk-on Jarret Synec. He can both run and throw.

Interceptions

2022 CT 10 in 224 attempts;  1 every 22.4 attempts

2021 AM 10 in 306 attempts; 1 every 30.6 attempts

2020 AM 3 in 151 attempts; 1 every 50.3 attempts

2019 AM 9 in 251 attempts; 1 every 27.9 attempts

2018 AM 8 in 347 attempts; 1 every 43.5 attempts

2017 TL 16 is 428 attempts; 1 every 26.8 attempts

2016 TA 8 in 294 attempts; 1 every 36.8 attempts

2015 TA 16 in 402 attempts; 1 every 25.1 attempts

2014 TA 12 in 345 attempts; 1 every 28.8 attempts

2013 <waves hands and 3 guys each having over 100 attempts>

2012 TM 12 in 368 attempts;  1 every 30.7 attempts

2011 TM 8 in 288 attempts; 1 every 36 attempts

2010 TM 7 in 196 attempts; 1 every 28 attempts

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Between Smothers and Purdy I think I would take Smothers as well. If I think outside the box I'm going to give a shot to Matt Masker. The problem is I doubt he has thrown more than a half dozen passes in practice to any of our better receivers. Another kid who might step up is walk-on Jarret Synec. He can both run and throw.

There are only four games left in the season.  We've all heard about Richie Torres' arm, lets see it in action.