Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

7 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Definitely.  Unfortunately for us our offensive line is still in dire need.  CT also won't have his favorite target back next year in Palmer.  Gonna be very interesting.  I just hope they can make an all hands on deck effort to give him much better protection next year.  I'm not holding my breath sadly regarding that.

I haven’t paid super close attention, but is Washington back?  Or was he a senior?

With Casey coming back I'm glad for him but until we see improvement on the o-line one has to hope he doesn't end up being injured again.  The o-line is a liability and one has to wonder if they plan on doing more rpo plays if Casey can handle that.  There were times last year where he should have kept the ball but looked real hesitant to run.  I don't know if Head Coach Matt Rhule will tailor the plays around Casey or if he has to run the offense that they want to run and learn a new playbook all over again. 

On 12/20/2022 at 9:30 AM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Why are people so worried about CT getting hurt while running?  I'm pretty sure all his injuries came from him staying in the pocket and trying to throw 

To be fair, the pocket was the most dangerous place. That's where all the defenders were.

• Haha 2

On 12/19/2022 at 7:56 PM, suh_fan93 said:

Definitely.  Unfortunately for us our offensive line is still in dire need.  CT also won't have his favorite target back next year in Palmer.  Gonna be very interesting.  I just hope they can make an all hands on deck effort to give him much better protection next year.  I'm not holding my breath sadly regarding that.

I know this is a lot to expect from a freshman, but hopefully Coleman’s great talent can pick up part of the slack, along with Fleeks. Decoldest is gone. Who is that other receiver from last year’s class that appears to still be on the team? Hopefully the staff can get him going. Perhaps with Jackson gone, Rhule will recruit one more WR transfer.

3 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I know this is a lot to expect from a freshman, but hopefully Coleman’s great talent can pick up part of the slack, along with Fleeks. Decoldest is gone. Who is that other receiver from last year’s class that appears to still be on the team? Hopefully the staff can get him going. Perhaps with Jackson gone, Rhule will recruit one more WR transfer.

I think Coleman is going to need a lot of development at WR. Yeah, he has great size, speed, and talent, but he’s very raw.

I expect the new offense to try to stretch teams horizontally to get kids in space and then turning the ball upfield, rather than just depending on Palmer going deep once or twice a quarter like last year. 

• Plus1 1