Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

Well Sims has much to prove.  If it's me I'm definitely going with a healthy Casey Thompson who is also the most experienced QB we have.  I fear for either QB behind that offensive line however.

That's pretty much where I'm at.  I just really hope they both have a really good fall camp.

And...yes....a much improved O line would go a long ways to keeping the starter healthy.

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's pretty much where I'm at.  I just really hope they both have a really good fall camp.

And...yes....a much improved O line would go a long ways to keeping the starter healthy.

Signed,

The 2022 season, and the 2021 season, and the 2020 season, and the 2019 season, and the 2018 season, and the 2017 season, and the 2016 season, and the 2015 season... :waste

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Signed,

The 2022 season, and the 2021 season, and the 2020 season, and the 2019 season, and the 2018 season, and the 2017 season, and the 2016 season, and the 2015 season... :waste

Yes, but I don't remember in any of those years having two QBs on the roster with the ability to lead the team.  We always just had one....maybe.

• TBH 1
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, but I don't remember in any of those years having two QBs on the roster with the ability to lead the team.  We always just had one....maybe.

I think every year we were hoping we had that though. We always had unproven guys coming in who we thought could push the starter, but never actually did. Armstrong and Fyfe. Armstrong, Fyfe, and Lee. Lee, O'Brien, and Gebia. Martinez, Vedral, Bunch. Martinez and Smoothers. Martinez, McCafferty, Smoothers.

4 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Well Sims has much to prove.  If it's me I'm definitely going with a healthy Casey Thompson who is also the most experienced QB we have.  I fear for either QB behind that offensive line however.

I'm trying to remember - does Sims have 1, 2  or 3 years of eligibility left?   If both QBs are healthy, it would be great to see Casey get the start but also use Sims as he is a much better runner.  I hope the OL is better than what we've seen in the past.  If Teddy can be healthy for a full season, that in itself would be an improvement.  I know Rhule has been trying to pump the OL full of encouraging words - I hope it pays off.  

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I'm trying to remember - does Sims have 1, 2  or 3 years of eligibility left?   If both QBs are healthy, it would be great to see Casey get the start but also use Sims as he is a much better runner.  I hope the OL is better than what we've seen in the past.  If Teddy can be healthy for a full season, that in itself would be an improvement.  I know Rhule has been trying to pump the OL full of encouraging words - I hope it pays off.  

I hope Casey and Sims see the field quite a bit this year. If there's one thing for certain in the B1G it's that you need s competent 2nd QB, because you're starter is never going to make it through the full season healthy, especially if you run him.

• Oh Yeah! 1
8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I'm trying to remember - does Sims have 1, 2  or 3 years of eligibility left?

He's a junior. He's got this coming 2023 season and then 2024.

Sims threw the ball better than what I thought he was capable of in the spring game. He didn't do a lot, but he was fine. I'm still skeptical of what he looks like when it's 3rd & 6 and we dial up a designed passing play.

Maybe our run blocking will finally be better and we'll be in more 3rd & shorts than we've seen in the recent past but I'm not holding my breath on that at all.

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, runningblind said:

You and I keep going back and forth on this. Friendly wager on it? Loser has to have an Iowa avatar for the year? You get Thompson, I get Sims. Whoever starts game 1 wins.

Yes we do, but it's with fun and respect :cheers

Ok, seeing that I am a good sport, I will take your friendly Bob Wager :)

Although, it shouldn't be for a full year since they play 3 months of games.  Can I make a suggestion?  Since we both are Husker fans and not crazy people, the Iowa avatar ends after the Wisconsin game.  I just cannot stomach neither of us having that avatar during the Iowa week lol

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, admo said:

Yes we do, but it's with fun and respect :cheers

Ok, seeing that I am a good sport, I will take your friendly Bob Wager :)

Although, it shouldn't be for a full year since they play 3 months of games.  Can I make a suggestion?  Since we both are Husker fans and not crazy people, the Iowa avatar ends after the Wisconsin game.  I just cannot stomach neither of us having that avatar during the Iowa week lol

This is good stuff.

• Oh Yeah! 1