Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I'm in as technically that's correct.  @admo can still win if Thompson starts game 1 at another school and Sims doesn't.  Even if that school is Iowa. :lol:

You were right !  And from the very beginning they landed Sims too.  I was wrong and therefor I shall take my medicine.....   and man up.

You won the bet homie

Grrrr....  I feel like throwing up now :nutz

• Haha 2

Got to hope there is a another running QB who we can pick up in the portal that is better than our #2 and #3 options. :bang

While I was surprised by the news, I'm not shocked.  Casey wants to find a better path into the NFL and Sims was going to be the starter.    

BTW what was the 'bet' that @admo made? 

39 minutes ago, admo said:

You were right !  And from the very beginning they landed Sims too.  I was wrong and therefor I shall take my medicine.....   and man up.

You won the bet homie

Grrrr....  I feel like throwing up now :nutz

You've earned my respect sir.  All in good fun, begin the countdown until Wisconsin so you can get rid of that thing! :cheers

• Oh Yeah! 1

What a damn wuss and quitter.  I hope all future employers take note of Casey Thompson bailing out just because Sims looks slightly better at this time.  So Thompson is showing everyone he's only in it for his prima donna self and not a true team player. 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

You've earned my respect sir.  All in good fun, begin the countdown until Wisconsin so you can get rid of that thing! :cheers

And you've earned mine !

Yall @runningblind was on top of it from the beginning with Sims...... 

And some of you were too - trust me, I know who you are!

On record I love the Huskers and I like Sims, so whatever happen next, I am onboard.  Full Go Big Red !!!

@runningblind should enjoy being right on this.  Much respect.  

Now hopefully in time you will be kind enough to allow me to minimize my "admotar" down to a spec like @Gage County suggested.... At least by Fall Ball (August).  For now, enjoy calling your shot homes !!!  GBR

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

23 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

What a damn wuss and quitter.  I hope all future employers take note of Casey Thompson bailing out just because Sims looks slightly better at this time.  So Thompson is showing everyone he's only in it for his prima donna self and not a true team player. 

Bit over the top there, he could have been asked to go. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Wild Bill said:

Show me someone who is clueless about college athletics without using those exact words. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3

We saw several players last night in the NFL draft that either haven't been starters for long or weren't starters at all and still got drafted in the first round. This is becoming more and more common as NFL GMs adjust to the free agency of today's college football. I think, with all of the tape Casey has produced at this point, the opinion of him as a potential NFL player is pretty set, or close to it. Maybe he transfers and has a breakout year, but he's been very consistent to this point, and his numbers also show that. He's also not some genetic freak that the NFL takes a flier on based on athletic potential. In terms of the NFL, I don't see this transfer helping him, and it may actually hurt him slightly if teams think he just runs from competition.

Now, everything isn't just about the NFL. Playing is its own reward and he certainly has the ability to be the Day 1 starter on many other teams.

In terms of Nebraska, this maybe a good thing.  Sims looked like a starting QB in the spring game, which isn't an easy thing to do when everyone is getting used to a new system and the defense decides it still wants to throw half of the kitchen sink at you. Rhule is a pretty straight shooter, and it would be surprising to hear Casey didn't sit down with him and discuss his realistic options.